Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Purple Princess Brownie Pops

Yes...more Princess Brownie Pops!
Same brownie mix, same baking method, different decorating method
Purple Princess Brownie Pops
Last time I made Pink Princess Brownie Pops and I ran into a little difficulty in dipping the pops.
These were the first Princess Brownie Pops I made
This time instead of cooking the brownie pop halfway and then adding the stick as Wilton recommends with this Silicone Brownie Mold. I cooked the brownie fully for about 35 minutes at 325 degrees. I also filled the cavities a little bit fuller making 12 total to avoid the couple small ones I got last time. This time they took quite a long time to cool, so I put them in the freezer after about 10 minutes to speed up the process. I only have one silicone brownie mold, so I had to do this in 2 batches. Don't worry about the empty cavities the mold when the second batch it cooking, nothing bad happened.
I am trying a method to cover the brownie pop that I found in the Wilton Publication- Pops! Sweets on a Stick, they also have this method on their website, instead of trying to dip the brownie pop like a cake pop. Brownie pops are much heavier than a cake pop and want to fall off this stick easier in my experience.

Method 1- The base is first covered with the candy melts and a spatula and then chilled until firm. I decided to "pre-drill" a hole on the bottom by poking a stick in and then removing. I did so the candy wouldn't crack later when the stick is inserted.
Pre-drilled holes, stick my finger into one before the candy was dry
Next, the brownies are placed on a cooling rack placed on top of a parchment covered baking sheet and the melting candy can either be piped, poured on top of the brownie, or you can roll the brownie in the melts. Using the Wilton brand melts melted in the Wilton Chocolate Pro, they were too thick to pipe or pour. I tried adding to shortening but it was still not very pourable. I ended up rolling the sides of the brownie in the melts with a bamboo skewer stuck in the pre-drilled hole and with one finger on the base (where the candy was already dry) and one finger on the top. I used a spatula to cover the top finger spot after I sat the brownie back on the rack.
I couldn't get the candy as smooth as I wanted and I am not sure why I can cover cake pops fine, but can't cover a brownie pop?!
After the brownie is covered with candy melts, immediately insert the Princess Pops Fun Pix. Let sit until cooled or refrigerate a few minutes as I did. Once the candy is set, dip your pop stick into candy melts about 1/3 inch and insert into the pop for upright pops. Let these lay on the parchment paper a few minutes until the candy that is holding the stick in sets.
Pops laying on parchment for stick to dry
Putting the stick in last worked out very well.
The Princesses stood up fine. Something finally went as planned!
 Method 2- Cover the pop the same as in Method 1, no pre-drilling hole in base. After covering the brownie with candy melts and inserting the Princess Pops Fun Pix, insert the stick eipped in candy melts right behind the Princess Pops Fun Pix, and place Princesses on a Pops Doilies.
Final Decorations- Pipe on designs in whatever pattern you wish either with Royal Icing or Candy Melts in a piping bag with size 2 tip or just snip just a tiny bit the end off the bag.
After having a problem once again getting these Princess Brownie Pops covered in candy melts, I decided they were fine without the extra decorating that I did on the Pink Princess Brownie Pops.
Better view of doilies
If Princesses aren't your thing or you have a Prince and not a Princess, Wilton also makes Jungle Pals Pops Fun Pix! However, I am not feeling that adventurous!
 

These Brownie Pops are shared at:
Something Swanky: Sweet Treats Thursday
Miz Helen's Country Cottage: Full Plate Thursday
Mangoes and Chutney: Fat Camp Friday

6 comments:

  1. these are sooo cute! they could use these for their magazine cover. Way to go..whenever I make brownie pops they come out super UGLY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't make any kind of pop - every attempt has been a disaster! These are so adorable. You have to be very proud of these!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These little Princesses are just adorable. Each one seems to have her own personality, just like a Princess. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see again real soon. Hope you are having a great week end!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are too cute! Thank you so much for joining Fat Camp Friday! See you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable! I love all the princess treats... These are way too cute though :D

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...