Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Fall Harvest Cake Pops

Is there ever too much cake? Not if it is made into cake pops! The past week, I was a little caked out and lacking inspiration. I turned to my family for inspiration and my son mentioned leaves. Initially, I didn't have a clue and I made Turkey Cake Pops. After all, how would I shape a cake pop into a leaf and make it look like a leaf? When I went to pack up my Halloween baking stuff, I found the solution!
I made these fall shapes using the Wilton Harvest Mini Cookie Cutters. I think I have a set of these mini cutters for about ever holiday and this is a great use for them! I have finally finished recycling all of the cake I had left over, and just squished it right into the cutter. I did find it easier to unmold them after refrigerating for about 10 minutes, so I just worked with 4 at a time.
I am always at a lack for ideas when it comes to displaying cake pops, but I don't lack coffee cups!
When I first dipped the cake pops, I wasn't sure how I liked them, or how recognizable they were. After adding some details, they turned out pretty good! By the way, the two toned brown thing is an acorn, if case you were wondering!
With the holidays keeping us all busy and in a rush, don't forgot to.....
"Take time to watch the leaves turn"

These Cake Pops are Shared at:
Pin It


  1. Oh, they turned out perfectly! They're adorable.

  2. These are so cute! I'm always amazed at your creations, you are so talented!

  3. How totally cute are these?!?! Very clever using the little cookie cutters!!!

  4. That is so smart! Love this idea! I need to try that.

  5. Found you through Crazy for Crust! Love the pops! New fan here!

  6. ok come clean..how the heck do they not turn out like big BLOPS! The minute I dip a "shape" it gets all blopie! Love these

  7. That is such an awesome idea! I never would have thought of using cookie cutters for cake pops. I so need to try it next time I make them.

  8. Wow! These turned out great. Good work!! I had those Wilton cutters in my cart the other day, wishing I hadn't put them back.

  9. These are just adorable! Thank you so much for sharing your fabulous recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great week end and please come back soon.
    Miz Helen

  10. Not only do they sound delicious, but your cake pops are beautifully cut and decorated. Love the fact that you used cookie cutters rather than rolling the cake in a ball, and the coffee cup is the perfect touch for the display!

    With all the blog parties out there, and at one of the busiest times of the year, it means an awful lot that you take the time to share your talent on “A Little Birdie Told Me…” Tuesdays at Rook No. 17!



I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...