Thursday, June 16, 2011

Chocolate Covered Pretzels

Salty and Sweet, crunchy and colorful, these chocolate covered pretzels are a quick and easy, not to mention an inexpensive treat!
You just need a few items:
Melting Chocolate- I used Candiquik
Pretzel Rods- I got these from the Dollar Tree
Sprinkles- I used Wilton Patriotic Mix
The Candiquik was some that I had leftover from another project, stored in a 1 cup size glass bowl. I started by melting the chocolate in the microwave for about 35 seconds. Once the chocolate was melted, I poured it into a plastic disposable cup. (Not pictured...changed my mind into the process!) The cup made it really easy to dip the pretzel all at once. (I don't have a picture of this step since both my hands were busy!) I then shook the pretzel off until the chocolate was about done dripping and held the pretzel over a plate and sprinkled with the sprinkles.
I placed the pretzels on a wax paper covered cookie sheet and put them in the refrigerator for a couple minutes to speed up the drying. Nothing much to clean up, I only had dish that I melted the chocolate in and the plate that I sprinkled the pretzels over.
One package of pretzel rods, 1 container of sprinkles, and about 1/2 package of Candiquik is enough for about 16 pretzels.
These can be adapted for any occassion or no occassion at all!

I just used a small jar for a display (in the first picture). I really couldn't find anything else that would work. A wide mouthed vase with colorful ribbon tied around it, filled with these chocolate covered pretzels would make a nice table centerpiece! I read from other bloggers that the Dollar Tree is a great place to find great containers for displays! I guess I need to keep my eye open for one when I am out shopping! Wilton also makes Pretzel Bags that can be used to pack these with a pretty ribbon for party favors or even for a school lunch treat!


This treat is linked to:

This treat was featured at:
Annie's Home

4 comments:

  1. I call this FAST and FANCY....PERFECT thing to do with Sophia tomorrow on my day off! THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this idea will be featuring it on my blog at http://shopannies.blogspot.com and using it to help celebrate the 4th of July

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking at something else on your blog then found myself coming back to look at this recipe. It's exactly the idea I needed since my oven is out of commission right now, so I can't make cookies as a gift, but still wanted to be able to give the person something totally delicious and pretty. I think this is it!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...