Saturday, March 3, 2012

Mickey Mouse Cookies

Nothing like a fun and easy treat on a rainy day! A rainy day is also perfect for making one of those easy treats on my Pinterest Board- Disney Themed Desserts. I am not sure where this idea originated, but I found the idea from Dip it in Chocolate, where these are also made into pops.
What You Need
regular sized sandwich cookies (I used WhoNu? Cookies)
mini sandwich cookies ( I used mini Oreo Cookies)
red candy melts
chocolate candy melts
white round sprinkles for buttons

Heat candy melts according to package directions. Dip half of large cookie into the red candy, place on waxed paper, and immediately place 2 sprinkles for buttons. While the large cookie is laying on the waxed paper, glue on mini cookies with chocolate to make the ears. Let the candy coating set up or place in the refrigerator for about 5 minutes.



19 comments:

  1. Wooow!! So cute!! I love this idea using Oreo cookies.. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the simplicity of both sizes of oreos:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! You know me... Simple is *the* way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and very adorable
    I admire your work, you are soooooooooo creative

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking back to me! I love how yours turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this!!!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for share this, is a simple and very nice idea I will use baby blue, for baby mickey!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you Instagram? A user @creativelove stole your image and posted it on her instragram feed. She did not credit you. She has almost 4k likes on the picture. You can report her and tell her you have a copyright on your images and that she needs to remove them. (if you want)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet! I hope you don't mind that I pinned it (Pinterest) and also shared your idea on the social network Sulia: http://buff.ly/WNd20S Thank you for writing about these adorable cookies, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so sweet! I hope you don't mind that I pinned it (Pinterest) and also shared your idea on the social network Sulia: http://buff.ly/WNd20S Thank you for writing about these adorable cookies, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are just too darn cute! I may have to throw a Mickey Mouse party, just because. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so cute! I'm thinking of making these for my child's bday party and am wondering if I can make them the night before or will they lose their 'crunch'? Would it be better to make them the morning of the party?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They should still be fine for the next day.

      Delete
  13. when you say 'glue the ears on' do you mean witht the chocolate melts? it isn't clear...

    ReplyDelete
  14. i <3 these, perfect for a favor for my lil 1's b.day party :D

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...