Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pretzels in Bloom

I love dipped pretzels, the sweet and saltiness I crave, all in one place. Dipped pretzels are super easy to make too, but these...are easier! These pretzels are made using a Wilton Pretzel Mold. For some reason our Michael's (where I usually shop for Wilton products) has been sold out of all of their pretzel molds. If you can't find them at Michael's, try Party City, that is where I got this pretzel mold.
The purple candy is precolored Wilton Candy Melts. The pink candy is Vanilla Candiquik colored pink with pink Wilton Candy Coloring. Whichever you like to use, melt according to package directions. Put the candy in a piping bag and snip of the end just a very tiny bit to make the dots in the flowers. Let the dots set up a few minutes before piping in the second color. Be sure not to fill the cavities full of the candy as you will need room to press in the pretzel. The pretzel won't be all the way covered. To make them look a little more finished, I zig-zagged candy across the back. Now that the weather is warm, it is easiest to just pop these in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes to set up. If they don't unmold easily, they aren't ready to be unmolded, stick them back in the fridge!
These pretzel molds come in many designs and as soon as I find them, I will be adding more to the collection! So just when you think it can't get easier than dipped pretzels, try these molded pretzels...not to be confused with moldy pretzels! Haha!

&

Featured at: Crumbs & Chaos & Serenity You 

19 comments:

  1. These look like edible magic wands - how cool!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! They are so cute. You always make such pretty sweets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and springy! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Wilton pretzel mold?!!! Whatever will they come up with next. I say it's an awesome idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look sooo yummy! Found you through Sharing Saturday link up.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are adorable! Thanks for sharing at Sweet & Simple Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What darling treats! I had forgotten I have some molds like these, so thanks much for the reminder. I'm having a craft day with 2 granddaughter's this week and we will give these a try. I found my molds at Walmart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are too cute.

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so lovely! Candy melts have been a hot commodity at our local Michaels, not surprised about the pretzel molds too. Thank you so much for sharing at Scrumptious Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! I love those colors. Dipped or molded - I could eat a ton!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful and yummy looking. Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday! I hope you will share again this week with us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A pretty treat to box up and mail to my grandkids! Thanks, with treats like these my Spring treat box will be a big hit! They look like fairy wands!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all the pretty-in-pink in your blog header and the pink, purple, and perfect shine of these lovely springtime pretzel rods!!!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so cute! I love chocolate covered pretzels, but I had no idea they made molds specifically for pretzels. I definitely need to keep an eye out. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The bright colors in the flowers are perfect for spring!!!! I have a bunch of these candy molds...I should break them out sometime:-)

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...