Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Shamrock Pretzels

This is easy idea that you don't even have to get your fingers dirty to create! I first saw this idea over at Miss Candiquik. It was just too cute to not try to create myself, and being me, I wanted to change it up a slightly!
Here is what you need:
mini pretzels
Candiquik
green candy coloring (I used Wilton candy coloring)
creme de menthe candy flavoring (also by Wilton)
On a waxed paper lined cookie sheet, double stack the pretzels and lay out into shamrock shape as shown. Break a pretzel to make the stem, doubling that also. Right now it is a bit of a balancing act, but the hard part is over!
Melt the Vanilla Candiquik according to package direction. It takes about 1 block per shamrock. I counted out my blocks and microwaved it is a microwave safe dish for about 1-1/2 minutes, stirring halfway to check. Add in candy coloring, it does take quite a bit of this, skip the toothpicks and just pour! Add the flavoring, around 5 or 6 drops, again I just poured and guesstimated! Mix and put in disposible piping bag and rubberband shut. Cut the end off of the piping bag and squeeze over pretzels.
The pretzels don't have to be covered all the way down to the waxed paper, just squeeze the Candiquik from the bag onto the stacked pretzels and most will fall into place. The Candiquik in the middle of the shamrock will hold all the leaves together in case the pretzels aren't fully covered down to the waxed paper. Place the cookie sheet in the refrigerator to speed up the "set up" process for around 15 to 20 minutes to be sure.
I really thought these shamrock pretzels would be too sweet, but with the saltiness of the doubled pretzels and the creme de menthe flavoring in the Candiquik, they were just perfect!


  

Featured at: Crumbs and Chaos

17 comments:

  1. Wow is that ever cool. I have to confess to a deep dislike of dipping things in chocolate. Love to eat it but hate to do it. Maybe this method would win me over, but I have a feeling mine wouldn't look as nice as yours.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! You have such fun ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So simple, but so pretty! These are perfect for St Patrick's Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally cute! And how easy. Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great St. Patrick's Day treat! You make things look easy, but I wonder if mine would turn out being cute shamrocks like yours or just green blobs! I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow!!They are so colourful!!
    Thanks for sharing with Midweek Fiesta...

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so cute! I pinned it an hour or so ago and it's already got 86 repins! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a neat idea! I think I could pull these off :-) Thanks so much for linking them at Addicted to Recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmmm, I might have to make a trip to the store! Cute idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously brilliant, my friend! Such a perfect St. Paddy's snack.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No way! This is such a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These pretzels look amazing! So easy to make too! So good I had it on my blog today. Thanks for sharing your lovely ideas! http://blovelyevents.com/2013/03/06/shamrock-ideas/

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are great! I think I might set this up for my son to make all by himself!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We featured your idea on our latest blog. Thanks for the great idea!
    http://excited2learn.com/blog/our-favorite-st-patricks-day-treats/

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...