Friday, March 2, 2012

Wilton Course 4: Advanced Gum Paste Flowers- Lesson 4

This is my final cake from Lesson 4 in Course 4, currently the final course in the Wilton Cake Decorating Classes! Seeing everything come together is so satisfying!
I wanted to incorporate all of the flowers that I made during the course onto my cake and I did use all  of the flowers but one, the Daisy, which can be seen on my Lesson 1 post, along with these pink flower blossoms. In lesson 4 we dry painted all of our flowers! I really enjoyed the painting, it was so relaxing and enjoyable seeing the flower come to life!
In lesson 2 we made these Briar Roses along with the Ivy Leaves that are on the cake, again painting them all in this lesson.
In Lesson 3, I made the two yellow Sweet Peas and the white Stephanotis Bud that you can see to the right peaking out behind the Sweet Pea. In this lesson, I painted the Sweet Peas with a goldenrod color.
The Stephanotis Flower, which is the white start shaped flower above, was also made in Lesson 3 and the painting added in lesson 4.
The majority of the final 3 hour class was spent on this gorgeous Stargazer Lily. The class is normally 2 hours, but we all decided to start the final class an hour early. We started Stargazer Lily in lesson 2 making the leaves and making the petals in lesson 3. In this class, we painted each of the petals and leaves by hand and then put the flower together with floral tape, taping each petal and leaf one by one.
 The flower arrangement is inserted into the cake using a flower spike and wrapping and taping all of the flowers together with floral tape. During this final class it was raining and I had to disassemble it to bring it home and then reassemble it. These flowers will keep forever as long as they are safely stored in an airtight container. They are also super fragile!
My favorite flower that I learned in this class by far is the gorgeous Stargazer Lily, the star of the show! I am very pleased with my final project!
Previous Classes
View the Wilton Website for more class information


  1. What can I say, but just gorgeous! You should be so proud of your accomplishments!

  2. That is breathtaking! The lily is outstanding, but so is every single little detail. Just lovely!

  3. Spectacular. I agree that the lily is outstanding. Thanks so much for sharing at our Link It Up Thursday party.


  5. gorgeous!!!!! the Lily is spectacular! (as well as your smooth fondant finish!) Amazing job!

  6. Wow, that's really impressive! The detail is awesome.

  7. Wow Christine, these are gorgeous, fabulous job. I know that lilly isn't the easiest flower out there and you did a fab job! Well done! It kind of makes you want to try more and more flowers doesn't it???

  8. Wow - I can't believe the flowers aren't real. They look perfect! Good job - beautiful cake.

  9. wow great job! I so have no talent for this, my flowers would all look like a kinder gardener made them.

  10. I thought that the lily was a silk flower it is so perfect. I am always just amazed at your talent and so grateful that you share it with us. Hope you are having a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

  11. You are making me want to take this class! Looks so amazing! Thanks so much for sharing om Mom On Timeout!

  12. They are so amazing!!& thanks for the tutorials,I am a follower of your tutorials from the basics....
    Thanks for sharing with Decorating Challenge..


I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...