Friday, February 17, 2012

Wilton Course 4: Advanced Gum Paste Flowers- Lesson 2

It's show and tell time again! This is what I made in lesson 2 of Wilton Course 4- Advanced Gum Paste Flowers. I have to say I almost skipped this class, horrible headache, but I am glad I went, otherwise I wouldn't have learned to make the Briar Rose.
First we made quite a few Ivy and Lily Leaves. These will be for our final project. More may need to be made at home depending on the final design, which I haven't decided on yet.
The Briar Rose is very easy to create. The only time consuming part is sticking 15 little yellow stamens into that tiny ball, which should be yellow, but I just left mine white. There is a green calyx underneath the flower which cannot be seen from the photo. In the last class we will be painting all of our flowers with petal dust, but I think I like this flower in all white. We ran out of time in class and were not able to start the Stargazer Lily Petals, so we will make lots of those next week, along with the Stephanotis and Sweet Pea.

Previous Classes

 
View the Wilton Website for more class information

5 comments:

  1. wow, you did an awesome job! flowers aren't easy that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for participating in Show Your Stuff Blog Hop, You are invited to come back:
    http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/02/show-your-stuff-11-animal-cracker.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love these! You're doing such a great job. I'm sure I'll see you on one of the Food Network challenges soon. I can say I knew you when...

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...