Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Emoticon Valentine Cookies


 Happy Valentine's Day!
People say it is a commercialized holiday. I make it a cookie-ized holiday and make my loved ones lot of cookies for Valentine's Day!
Have we not learned by now I can't resist bright colored things and sales? Again, found these little candies on sale and had to get them with no clue what I would do with them! I also happened to pick up some Ghiradelli Mini Chocolate Chips! Cookies...that sounds like a plan! More specific...
Sugarbakers' Chocolate Mini-Chip Cookies! You can find the recipe at The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle!
The cookie dough was to die for! But, I didn't, you may, so as a public service announcement, eating raw cookie dough is a No-No! Just in case you want to temp fate...it taste delicious! I did manage to roll it and cut it out and made cookies with it though! For this you must use metal cutters, plastic wouldn't have sliced through the chips! The hearts are scalloped, a cookie cutter passed down from my Mother-in-Law, but the scallops didn't really show since the dough did spread a little more than my regular cookie dough. However, being a chocolate chip cut out cookie, it was so worth it!
These cookies were outlined, filled, and decorated with a size 2 tip and royal icing. See my new FAQ Page for a list of all the recipes that I like to use!
Napkins, Plates, and a fun Chinese Take-Out box to make sharing these easy!
Don't be sad, Valentine's isn't over yet, not at Mrs. Fox's Sweets anyway! I have Valentine's Sweets that I will be sharing all week!
 
While you are visiting today, why don't you share your Valentine's Craft Projects at the "Share the Love" party that I am co-hosting with Happy Hour Projects
and also be sure to enter the "EB Mine" Eggland's Best Giveaway!

10 comments:

  1. OMG! Iced chocolate chip cookies are the best idea I've seen this Valentine's day. It's my favorite cookie, and iced sugar cookies are my 2nd fave. They are so pretty! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look so pretty!! If you are willing, you can share this recipe & other romantic recipes with my ongoing-''Valentine's Day Event''(till Feb 20th)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute - I am going to have to try that recipe. I never have done cut out cookies with anything other than sugar cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cookies are fabulous friend. Hope you have an amazing Valentine's. Thanks for the Valentine linky too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a fellow raw dough eater. And I have lived to tell. These are wonderful!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make the prettiest desserts! Happy Valentine's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow!!they are gorgeous!!very nice decorations....Thanks for linking with Midweek Fiesta...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delicious and nostalgic all in one wonderful bite!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...