Thursday, February 9, 2012

Valentine's Cake Balls

Anyone for recycling some leftover cake?
When I make a cake, I make a big one and there are always a lot of leftovers, just like this left over piece of Princess Castle Cake from my daughters birthday. I have found the perfect ratio of frosting to cake is what is on a piece of frosted cake already! I know this piece looks a little rough, I had to pick off the flowers and anything I didn't want mixed in the cake balls, all also cut the brown part off the bottom before squishing the cake into cake balls.
I rolled all of the balls and then put in the refrigerator to chill. I heated up the Chocolate Candiquik and prepared to dip. I found cake balls a little more difficult than cake pops because there isn't a stick to shake the excess chocolate off with! One by one I got them covered and placed on waxed paper. They didn't look that pretty undressed, the bottom part was driving me crazy!
I added a mini cupcake liner and they dressed up quite nicely, covering those not so pretty bottoms!
  

17 comments:

  1. Amazing idea. I would never have thought to do this and the cupcake liners definitely cover up the messy bottom as well as adding a great pop of colour. Thanks so much for sharing at our Link It Up Thursday party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! My daughter got a book called cake pops and made something similar with lemon cake! I love the sprinkles

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and I think alike :) I am posting something similar soon. I love yours - so pretty! The cupcake liners are a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative idea!

    ~Mrs. Delightful
    ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that's my kind of recycling! Those are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice:) I find that the bottoms are always sort of ugly looking, not nice like a cake pop, so the little wrappers are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty...I love this! We just posted our very first Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday Link Party and we would LOVE for you to stop by and link this up! http://kitchenfunwithmy3sons.blogspot.com/2012/02/kitchen-fun-and-crafty-friday-link.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cake looks delicious and the Valentine's Cake Balls look so special. This would be a wonderful Valentine treat! Hope you have a fabulous week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cake balls are so pretty. Mine are always wonky!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These balls are beautiful!!
    Very delicious looking, and they are very cute

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing at Taking A Timeout Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute and creative as always :) Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Sharing Saturday. Hope to see you again this week.

    ~MiaB
    www.mamamiasheart2heart.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous post,
    Thank you for linking your post up! , hope you will stop by today and link up another great post!!
    http://polkadot-pretties.blogspot.com/
    See you there
    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am surely coming again for more contents of yours.
    my valentine heart

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mmm...wow it is looking like you are the queen of cake balls. : ) Those turned out lovely and the cupcake papers make the photo. I would love for you to visit me over at http://onecreativeprocrastinatinggal.blogspot.com/ I just started doing a new "Inspirations in Progress" blog up party. New follower on your GFC. : )

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...