Thursday, December 8, 2011

Snowman Family & Snowflake Cookies

I love cut out cookies at Christmas! It has been a Christmas eve tradition in our family at Christmas for over 10 years, passed down by my husband's family. Since baking cut-out cookies was my husband's thing and I didn't have a clue, it was his job and the kids always helped cut out the cookies and decorating. Last year, my daughter Kaitlyn, baked and decorated the cookies all herself, you can see last years cookies at Flashback to Christmas 2010. Our Christmas Cookies in the past have only involved a few hours in the evening, decorating with sprinkles or frosting, now they have evolved some and I am baking more, but we will always continue to make the Christmas Eve cookies for Santa together! I am super excited about the cookie baking and have added 5 new cookie cutters to our collection that I can't wait to use!
Cut out cookies with royal icing, for me anyway, involve 2 days (we call them 2-day cookies), since they take awhile to bake, cool, decorate, dry, decorate some more, and dry completely. I have only used royal icing for decorating cookies a handful of times (these cookies make #6) and find it pretty much to be my nemesis. I just can't ever seem to get the outlines straight! Still, I love the look of cookies decorated with the royal icing and I will just keep trying for that perfect cookie!
I did get a little carried away with pink and made more PINK snowflakes than blue!
The boys always get the short end of the stick!
I personalized a snowman for each person in the family to enjoy!
It's nice to have a touch of snow when it is 76 degrees out in December and I am lovin' it! These snowman family and snowflake cookies are all the snow that I need!

 
  
Featured at:

31 comments:

  1. So pretty, these look like perfection to me! Do you have your cookie and royal icing recipes posted?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cookies look really beautiful & mouthwathering! Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cookies look so pretty. I could learn a lot about decorating from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are darling and I think you did a great job. If you are having trouble with a straight line, touch down and quickly stretch the icing to the spot where you want it to end. Way to go with YOUR nemesis!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute! What a great job. SO going to pin these =o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. On a totally different note... how did you get the Pin It button after your post? Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you did an amazing job!!! love the personalization! and 76 degrees? How can FL be over 20 degrees colder?! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cold here today too Michelle, I sure miss yesterdays weather!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Come to Maine and I'll show you some cold weather! Windy out today. But its warm and cozy inside. Wish I had to cookies to eat. You do a wonderful job. Christmas in the air. andi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are we good enough friends that I can just look at these and say, SHUT UP. These are amazing. Pinning!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are so pretty! WOW! You are super talented. I would love if you would link these up to the party I have going on right now.

    http://daysofchalkandchocolate.blogspot.com/2011/12/latest-and-greatest-friday-9-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Found you on Miz Helen's...these are just absolutly adorable! Can't help but make you smile:) Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These snowman are so cute! I would love for you to link them up! We are hosting a 12 Days of Christmas Goodies and we have a SNOWMAN theme! Come link up if you wish!

    http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/12/day-6-of-12-days-of-christmas-goodies.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cheery and tasty-- can't beat that combo! (They are really sweet!)

    Thanks for sharing :D

    Visiting via Feature Friday at Blissful & Domestic linky party,
    ~Smiles, Suzanne in NW Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  15. very cute! I've made pink snowflakes like this for Valentines, too! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  16. THose are precious! I made sugar cookies with royal icing for my daughter's b-day and I had a hard time keeping the 'thin' icing from overflowing the 'outline/thick' icing.

    Anyhow, I would love for you to show these off at Find Your Craft Friday!!!


    http://thequickjourney.blogspot.com/2011/12/find-your-craft-friday-features-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute snowmen! And snowflake cookies are on my to-do list too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What precious Snowmen and Snowflakes. Great idea to personalize the Snowmen. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great week end and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those are wayy to pretty to eat. Just Darling!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love these! They are super cute! Sugar cookies with frosting are the best :)

    Thank you for linking up to Financial Friday too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are gorgeous! No matter how many fancy desserts are on the table, I will always eat frosted sugar cookies before anything else. I love them! Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  22. These cookies look and sound amazing. I would love it if you came to link to my holiday recipe swap blog hop. It is my first ever! Love these recipes.
    www.mythirtyspot.com
    -Erin Kennedy

    ReplyDelete
  23. OOOO You should add these to the linky party!
    Cupcake Apothecary
    http://cupcakeapothecary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is so awesome! What beautiful cookies and sure to make everyone feel special. Thank you so much for sharing at last week's Taking A Timeout Thursday party. Hope to see you again this week :)
    -Trish @ Mom On Timeout
    http://www.MomOnTimeout.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. these are gorgeous!!

    Thanks for linking up to Serenity Saturday, hop to see you again this Saturday
    www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

    Natasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. aDORable! I hate working with royal icing too, but your cookies turned out great! Thanks for linking at Shine On Fridays; hope you'll be back tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm visiting from TGIF linky party. These cookies look too good to eat! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...