Saturday, December 10, 2011

Dipped Christmas & Winter Oreos

An afternoon snack to tide you over until the next sweet is ready!
Now these are really, super easy, to make!
All you need is a cookie mold like this, and some candy melts, almond bark, chocolate, whatever you have! I am using leftover candy that I have stored in bowls from other recent projects. Just melt up your candy according to package directions in the microwave, fill your candy mold 1/2 to 2/3 full, place your cookie inside, and let it set up in the refrigerator about 15 minutes or until easily unmolds!
The thing I didn't realize when I bought the mold is the bottom of the cookie will remain uncovered. These cookies are even a little less covered since they are double stuffed!
Red- I made the cookie in the mold, as is.
White- I made the cookie as is, then flipped and tried to do the other side. This didn't work so well because of the angled side of the mold.
Green- I made the cookie as is and while still in the mold I tried to spoon the candy over the open side.
It is just easier to leave the bottom uncovered! No matter how you coat them, they are easy, fun, and of course yummy!

 

Featured at: A Well-Seasoned Life: Sweet Indulgences Sunday

4 comments:

  1. Love the molds! I'll have to look for these when I'm out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty and professional looking - and fast so I love it.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like those blue ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've highlighted these on Sweet Indulgences Sunday today. I now have to have this mold. You're such a bad influence ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...