Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Mint & White Chocolate Chip Cookies

Today I am baking up cut-out cookies and going to decorate the with royal icing, the whole 9 yards. Okay so mine aren't going to be as fancy as the cookie people out there, but I am giving it a shot! Around here we call cut-out cookies with royal icing, "2-day cookies" since they pretty much take 2 days with the baking, icing making, icing have to dry in between colors, and then taking about another 8 hours to dry. I couldn't stand looking at my kids faces as they look at the cookies that they won't be able today and had to make something up for today. After a look in the cabinet to see what I could whip up quickly, I decide to make these Mint & White Chocolate Chip Cookies! The recipe is adapted from the recipe on the Andes Creme de Menthe Baking Chips bag, I just switched out dark brown sugar for light and added the white chips too!
    
Mint & White Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 stick of margarine, softened (1/2 cup)
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1- 10 ounce bag of Andes Creme de Menthe Baking Chips
1 cup of Nestle White Chocolate Chip Cookies
2-3/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour
  
 In stand mixer with paddle attachment mix together margarine, sugars, baking soda, baking powder, and vanilla. Mix in 2 eggs. Switch to dough hook attachment, add in all of the chips and flour half at a time and mix. After all is combined, refrigerate for 1 hour. Roll into balls and slightly flatten. Bake in preheated 350 oven for about 8-10 minutes, depending on the size of the cookie. Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes before removing to wire rack to finish cooling.
Most of the cookies I made were pretty large, measuring at about 4 inches! The last batch I made a little smaller. I do have to say these were some super yummy cookies! The white chips really added to the flavors and made the cookies better than ever! They have to be some of my favorite "normal" cookies, normal meaning not cut-out cookies. They are also one of my favorite sweets that I have made with the Andes Creme de Menthe baking chips so far. You can view my Andes collection of sweets at this link. So, while you are working hard on those cut-out cookies, whip up a batch of these irresistible cookies!
 

 

Pin It

8 comments:

  1. OOOH, I love the combo of mint and chocolate. Can't wait to see how your sugar cookies turn out!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some times you just need an easy cookie, i love my sugar cookies too, but something like this gives me a quick treat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so good - the all chocolate and mint goodness. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can never wait either! These cookies look great! Can't wait to see the sugar cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmmm, another cookie for my list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the Chocolate and Mint combination, these cookies look awesome! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great week end and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking at our virtual cookie swap! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...