Saturday, December 17, 2011

Peppermint Oreo Bark

I really "get" why so many people are making "bark" this time of year!
After making Snowmen Oreo Pops, I had some left over Vanilla Candiquik with some Oreo crumbs in it, so it couldn't be reused. I decided to try making some candy bark and spread it out on a waxed paper lined cookie sheet. My 3 year old spread out a layer of broken up Oreos on top of the first layer of candy. I followed that up with a layer of Wilton Candy Cane Colorburst melts that I had also added additional peppermint candy flavoring to. This is a perfect way to use up some of that leftover candy coating and something easy that younger kids can help to make!
The results were delicious and I now get why so many people are making it!

 
Pin It

8 comments:

  1. If my daughter saw this, she would FLIP. You have her two favorite flavors here.
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great way to use leftovers. It looks so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds simply delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is exactly why I make bark...to use up all the little leftovers! This is one of my favorite combos:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how those easy, leftover recipes come about - and they taste awesome! I'm posting something similar in a couple days...great minds think alike! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it :) I am due for some Oreo bark...it's super popular right now and I agree, I can see why!

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...