Thursday, December 29, 2011

Sugar and Spice Cookies

I have been so busy with decorating cookies for everyone, that I really haven't even had a chance to eat any! In the midst of all my baking, I needed a quick cookie that I could enjoy now! I still had some molasses left from my Gingerbread Men and Christmas Tree Cookies and decided to try a deicious looking recipe from my good buddy Adrianne over at Happy Hour Projects!
Sugar and Spice Cookies from Happy Hour Projects
Above are Adriannes Sugar and Spice Cookies. Delicious looking aren't they? They have molasses, cinnamon, and clove in them. The outside is slightly crisp and the inside is chewy! It was a recipe passed down by her Gram! I love recipes like this that just give you that warm and cozy feeling! For the recipe visit Happy Hour Projects!
Adrianne decked hers out with red sugar for Christmas! I am not making these for Christmas and didn't want them to look the same, so I first used clear sparkling sugar, then a mix of clear and blue (top photo), and the last set solid blue!
These cookies are just gorgeous in any color! I did make mine pretty large. Adriannes recipe makes 3 to 4 dozen. I rolled them pretty large, about golf ball size and made 26. They did have to bake slightly longer, at about 10 minutes.
Adrianne failed to note one thing in her recipe, it was a very important thing, that really shouldn't be omitted. The addictive quality of these cookies. Oh my YUM! I couldn't stop eating these. The texture, the flavor, all absolutely perfect! My whole family is addicted! These are super delicious!
Hope on over to Happy Hour Projects and grab the recipe! I promise you they are awesome!
Thanks Adrianne! You really knocked this one out of the park!


4 comments:

  1. They look great! I'm so happy to have a Mrs. Fox's-worthy recipe, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I found your blog! I'm excited to link up to your party next week! ...I'm your newest follower and would love a follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great,Thank you for sharing them on my blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning,
    I just love this cookie recipe and they look so pretty with the blue sugar. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year and Abundant Blessings in 2012!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...