Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Light Cupcakes

These Christmas Light Cupcakes are super easy to make!
First, don't you just love the cupcake liners? They are the Reynolds Baked For You StayBrite Baking Cups! This is actually my first time using them and I love them! They are foil lined liners that keep the oils inside and the bright colored cupcakes don't show through.
I made the candy using a Wilton Christmas Bulb candy mold that comes in a set including a Christmas Tree mold that I made Polka Dot Christmas Cupcakes with, from Michaels Arts & Craft Store.
 Making the candies are quite simple, just melt up your candy melts according to package directions or I always just microwave them for 1 minute in a microwave safe bowl or cup, that works for me. For the screw part of the bulb, I piped in the chocolate using a freezer bag to control where the chocolate was going more easily and once just the chocolate was in place, I put that in the refrigerator to set up for about 10 minutes before adding the bulb colors. After the screw part had set up, I spooned in the melts for the colored part of the bulb. If you are making as many colors as I did, to avoid melting up too much, it is helpful to know that each bulb takes just 4 candy melts.
I colored the cupcake batter green before baking to match the green on the cupcake liners. The frosting is Vanilla Buttercream made with the Wilton Buttercream Icing Recipe and piped on with a Wilton 1M tip in a swirled pattern. This could also be done using canned frosting if you are short on time or just don't want the additional mess.
These cupcakes are sure to brighten up anyones Christmas!

Pin It


  1. OK - It's official - I must make a trip to Michael's and Party City. I'm getting dressed now. So, so cute!

  2. I love the last photo on the tree.... how fun! These look yummy. :)

  3. So pretty! I'm in awe of these. Have never worked with the candy molds, but I'll have to learn!

  4. These are great and fun for the kids to help out on!

  5. oh wow!! I absolutely adore these!!!!! I was just at Michaels, I wish I had looked for these, I LOVE the 'Christmas Light' theme!! Beautiful job, as always!!! Merry Christmas Mrs Fox! ;-}

  6. Wow, these are just so cute! Love those Christmas light bulb molds!! I'll have to get some.

    Tracy Screaming Sardine

  7. i literally just got done making cupcakes with the same light bulb toppers! how ironic!

  8. No stinkin' way! I love these! I actually thought they were Christmas lights because they look so real. I'm totally buying that candy mold!

  9. awesome cupcakes they look awesome

  10. I am in love with those ornament molds!

  11. I have got to get one of those molds! Your candies came out so beautifully. The shine is incredible -- it makes the candy bulbs look like real ones!

    With all the activities and festivities of this past week, I'm really touched and appreciative that you took the time to be a part of "A Little Birdie Told Me..".



I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...