Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Mickey Mouse Cheerios Treats

While at Disney World you may have indulged in a Rice Krispie Treat Mickey Mouse. It is definitely something we always get and also bring home with us! They are just plain cute!
Instead of Rice Krispies, I have Cheerios that no one is eating, just sitting there, a huge new box, not being eaten. It's driving me crazy, so I had to think of a creative way to use them up! 3 ingredients is all you need, a 10.5 oz bag of mini marshmallows, 3 tablespoons of margarine plus some for greasing the pan, and 5 cups of Cheerios. Put the marshmallows and margarine in a large microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute, stir, and then 1 more minute. Mix into the Cheerios and spread into greased 13x9 inch baking pan. Flatten down with greased hands and refrigerate for about an hour. You can find the recipe and nutritional information at the Cheerios Website.
After about an hour, using a greased cookie cutter, cut out shapes, pulling away the excess. Put the cut-outs on waxed paper in the freezer for about 15 minutes to stiffen up. Prepare baking sheet with waxed paper (to catch excess chocolate) and place cooling rack over the top. Melt Chocolate Candiquik according to package instuctions, about 1 block per cut out. Working one at a time, spoon chocolate over the cut-out spreading it with the back of spoon and add sprinkles. When finished, refrigerate for about 1/2 hour to set up. Now you have made your own fun theme park treat with a twist, perfect to surprise your little ones with!

~Christina





18 comments:

  1. So adorable! I can't get over your tiny mouse sprinkles. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea! I wish I had seen this when I was planning my daughter's minnie birthday party. I definitely would have traded it with the caramel minnie apples. Those were a disaster!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can I ask why they were a disaster? I saw those and was debating on making some for my sons bday party

      Delete
    2. Not really a disaster. it is easier to grease the cookie cutter and pack the Cheerio and marshmallow mixture into the mold rather than to try and use the cookie cutter as you would to cut cookie dough. happy baking!

      Delete
  3. I love these, they turned out adorable! Bet everyone is a Cheerios fan now, LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! And I love that you used cheerios.. I have a big ole box too. Ill have to give them a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so cute! Excellent way to use Cheerios =o) I have a box too that's just sitting there. This might be on the list next!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We live in Anaheim so I see lots of Disney stuff....these are adorable and now I am hungry!! TFS~

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so cute! My daughter loves Mickey and I am considering doing a Mickey themed party for her upcoming birthday! Pinned this for a possible party idea! Thanks for sharing!

    Visiting from Flour Me With Love - Mix It Up Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute!!! and love they are with cheerios and also love the sprinkles too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Genius way to use up the Cheerios! Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. CLEVER!! I really love the use of cheerios!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are too cute! A great snack for snack day at school. Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great snack and they are very cute. And who doesn't like cheerios

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so cute! Definitely look like they came from Disney. We love making Disney treats and pretending we're at the parks ;)

    It seems like a lot of us have been taking blog breaks lately. I'm glad I'm not the only one :) Congratulations to your graduate! I totally thought you were like early twenties! I did a double take at the screen when you said "graduate"!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love these...:) I like the Cheerios substitution

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...