Thursday, April 5, 2012

Bee & Flower Easter Egg Cookies

A slight twist on a regular looking Easter Egg cookie
I decided with these cookies to try a different cut out cookie. Well when they say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it," let me tell you that is the truth. These cookies spread out too much for my liking. I did use lemon extract in the dough for a perfect springy flavor!
Lemon & Berry Anyone?
Think you don't like fondant? Have you tried Fondarific? This blue is the Fondarific Berry Blue and it is so perfect with the lemon flavored cookie! I rolled out the fondant, made the impressions with a rubber stamp, and then cut out out with the same cutter I used to cut the cookie. Now you see why the cookie spreading too much was such a problem? To adhere the fondant to the cookie, immediately place the cut out fondant on the warm cookie. If the cookie has cooled, put the fondant on the cookie and put it in a "warm" oven for just 1 to 2 minutes. Keep an eye out, with both Fondarific and Duff fondant as soon as it begins to get slightly shiny, it is done!
Other than Fondarific and Duff, I have only used Wilton brand fondant. Wilton fondant doesn't adhere to the cookies well and it is just easier to use a food safe brush and brush a little corn syrup onto the back of the fondant to use as glue.
Spring flowers are not complete with out the bees!
This truly is an easy way to decorate cookies, especially when time is running short!

 

14 comments:

  1. These are beautiful...and I like the edge of the cookie showing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute, I usually don't like the taste of fondant but I will have to give the flavored fondant a try. I would love for you to share this and any other posts at my new link party: Showcase Your Talent Thursday http://whatscookinglove.blogspot.com/2012/04/showcase-your-talent-thursday-1.html
    Thanks and hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little bumble bees are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so adorable! I love the bees :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the rubber stamp idea. That makes so much sense rather than trying to find tons of embossers. These came out great. I have to try Fondarific. I've only used Wilton's before. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Your Easter recipe is being featured at Menu & Party Idea Round Up.
    http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com/?p=27184
    Thank you for sharing your recipe with us at Cast Party Wednesday. Please grab a "featured" button.
    http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com/?page_id=1844 ---Sheryl---

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have only had fondant one time and it tasted like wax. I didn't realize that some tasted different, so that is interesting to know. But I LOVE how these look! Even with the cookies spreading, I think they look fantastic - in fact, I'm having trouble envisioning them without a cookie edge. I think it makes them look more edible, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Almost too pretty to eat, but I am sure I could manage to put away a few ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. DOn't like fondant, so I will try your suggestion...SUCH CUTE cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Bee & Flower Easter Cookies are just beautiful, I can just see a platter of those cookies in front of me, yum! Hope you have a wonderful week and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like being able to see some of the cookie. They are so cute. I didn't like fondant when I tried it but maybe I need to get a better fondant.:) Thanks for sharing with us at Link it Up Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday! I hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations!
    Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Hope you have a wonderful week end and enjoy your new Red Plate.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...