Thursday, April 12, 2012

Rose Brownies with Mint Frogs

Spring break is going on here and I have been having a blast with the kids! I don't want to spring break in the kitchen, but I just had the urge to make a little something sweet without a lot of time! I used a dark chocolate brownie mix and substituted coffee in the mix for the water and sprinkled the top of the brownie batter with a spring sprinkle mix before baking. After baking I let the brownies cool fully before cutting the circles with a cookie cutter.
The decorations were quite simple since I always save my "dud" royal icing flowers. Royal icing flowers will keep practically forever in an airtight container once they have fully dried and that is how I store the flowers that didn't turn out so perfect to use for stuff like this. I melted white candy melts and colored green with candy coloring and added creme de menthe candy flavoring to the candy. The candy was drizzled on using a piping bag with the tip snipped off. I immediately placed a rose on top of the of the brownies while the candy was still melty.
I had leftover melted green candy and decided to make up some frogs to go on the brownies, however the roses were already stuck down, and there wasn't enough room left on top of the brownie for the candy frog, so they are just hanging out on the side!
 ~Christina

16 comments:

  1. These are lovely! Great job
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I love those little green frogs. What a decadent over-the-top brownie. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so pretty! Love the decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these!! The frogs are a perfect addition! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so great! I love the frogs!!!! You always make such wonderful treats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by from the Anything Goes Linky! http://kingofsaving.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks delicious! I Would love to have you link up to my 2 carnivals today....http://www.aroundmyfamilytable.com/2012/04/feed-your-soul-5/ (anything food related) and http://everydaymomcakes.com/sugar-me-up-5/ (deserts only). Hope to see you around!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These brownies are almost too pretty to eat!! But they looks so delicious that we would have to ;) Thanks for sharing at my party! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhhhhh, your roses are so pretty and those little frogs are just adorable, I want one. Hope you are having a great spring week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your roses look great. I took that Wilton class for royal icing and they told us about the roses keeping, but I wasn't a believer. I'm so glad you shared that tidbit. Plus I love the brownies. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are beautiful!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!! I hope you are having an amazing week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. these look great!!
    Thanks for sharing on Serenity Saturday xxxx

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...