Thursday, April 19, 2012

Coke with Meals- Chicken Enchiladas and Coca Cola Rice

I know what you are thinking...you must be at the wrong place right? Wrong! You have arrived at Mrs. Fox's Sweets to a special treat this week...DINNER! 
Fastest Ever Chicken Enchiladas and Coca-Cola Rice
The My Coke Rewards website isn't where I would normally expect to find recipes, especially fabulous recipes like these, but there are many great selections to choose from! In fact, I couldn't settle on making just one recipe, so I made two of them and I couldn't wait to share them with you!
Fastest Ever Chicken Enchiladas
Recipes Courtesy of Ingrid Hoffmann
 
INGREDIENTS
1 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken or shredded cooked chicken (2 pounds cooked chicken breasts)
12 ounces grated cheddar cheese (about 3 cups)
1-1/2 cups sour cream
1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
Salt and freshly ground pepper
6 8-inch flour tortillas
2 cups store bought salsa
PREPARATION
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with the butter and set aside.
Place the chicken in a large bowl. Add 2 1/2 cups of the grated cheese, the sour cream, red onions, and some salt and pepper. Mix well.
Place the tortillas on your work surface. Spoon about 1 cup of the chicken mixture onto the center of each tortilla and roll them up. Place the rolls, seam-side down, in the prepared baking dish (it will be a tight fit). Scatter the salsa over the tortillas. Cover with aluminum foil and bake until heated through, 40 minutes.
Remove the foil and sprinkle the enchiladas with the remaining 1/2 cup of grated cheese. Return the baking dish to the oven until the cheese is melted and edges of tortilla are just beginning to get crisp, 5 to 8 minutes. Serve hot.
My notes: It's all in the name, but not only is it fast, it is easy! This recipe is delish! I made some of the enchiladas with the sour cream and some without since we don't all care for sour cream. The ones without came out perfect too! I ended up making 9 generous sized enchiladas. This recipe will easily stuff a family of 5 or 6 with leftovers!
Be sure to check out this Fastest Ever Chicken Enchilada Recipe at My Coke Rewards complete printable recipe with a how-to video by Ingrid Hoffmann
Coca-Cola® Rice
Recipes Courtesy of Ingrid Hoffmann
INGREDIENTS
1-1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 cups long-grain white rice
1/2 tsp salt
3-1/2 cups Coca-Cola
1/4 cup raisins
3 tbsp sliced or slivered almonds, lightly toasted
PREPARATION
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add the rice and cook until it is opaque, about 2 minutes, stirring often.
Add the salt to the cola and stir until dissolved (the salt helps to release some of the carbonation) and then add it to the rice. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium- low, cooking until the liquid has almost completely evaporated, about 15 minutes. Stir in the raisins and the almonds and reduce the heat to the lowest setting. Cover and cook until the rice is tender, about 25 minutes. Uncover, fluff with a fork and serve.
My Notes: This recipe is definitely different from any rice I have ever tasted and the kids couldn't wait to try it! It is sweet and you can taste the Coca-Cola....after all it is Coca-Cola Rice! I did cut the recipe in half and used brown rice instead of white rice. It took quite a bit more Coca-Cola to get the brown rice to the right consistency, probably 1 to 1-1/2 cups more, I just kept adding until the rice had softened.
  
Be sure to check out this Coca-Cola® Rice Recipe at My Coke Rewards with a printable version and also with how-to video by Ingrid Hoffmann.
Be sure to check out Coke With Meals at My Coke Rewards for other great recipes! You can submit and share your own recipes and create a digital cookbook to share with friends and family while you are there too! Plus there are tons of tips and right now you can even enter for a chance to win a $10,000 kitchen makeover through May 31st, 2012. Who couldn't use that?
Right now, I am going to check out some more of the fabulous recipes over at Coke With Meals at My Coke Rewards by chef, author, tv personality Ingrid Hoffmann and by chef and author G. Garvin!
If you are looking for a sweet after dinner treat, look no further than my Cherry Coca-Cola Zero Cupcakes!
~Christina
  
 Note: Compensation was provided by Coca-Cola, but Coca-Cola is not a sponsor, administrator, or involved in any other way with this pin/post. All opinions expressed are my own and not those of Coca-Cola.

2 comments:

  1. I am very intrigued by the rice recipe, I'm a fan of sweet! It all looks great, though! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am intrigued by these ideas....lovely! Would love to have you link this up...and other favorites...at Weekend Potluck. I'm a new co-host...come on by...http://thebetterbaker.blogspot.com/2012/04/invitation-party-potluck-yall-come.html

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...