Monday, March 19, 2012

Bunny Hop Cookies

Can you guess what it was that I used as inspiration for these cookies?
We will get to that in a moment, but first let me show you how I made them!
I started by outlining and flooding the chocolate cookies using a size 2 tip and blue cookie icing. I let these dry over night and then the next morning used an edible marker to draw on the bunnies. They aren't perfect, I don't have one of those cool projecting devices, so I gave it a shot free handed. I then outlined the bunnies with black royal icing and let that dry for about 8 hours. After that was dry I flooded with white royal icing, letting that dry over night before piping on the faces. Despite all of the drying time, the black icing still bled a little. I have really never had a problem with icings bleeding before and not sure why I did this time. I also had to fill in a few holes which tend to happen when piping in small spaces, but overall they turned out pretty good!
Have you figured out my inspiration yet?
Here it is! The button for the Bunny Hop Easter link party that I am hosting with Happy Hour Projects!
6 little bunnies hopping in a row waiting for you to join the Bunny Hop too!

 
Featured at: Cups by Kim

28 comments:

  1. I like them very much.. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Goodness. These are so cute, and how fitting!! Love, LOVE them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I'd love it if you shared these at Whimsy Wednesdays at www.thenymelrosefamiy.blogspot.com/2012/03/whimsy-wednesdays-3.html. We go live Tuesday at 8 EST.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing these! I am amazed each and every day with your sweets. You inspire me!

      Delete
  4. OMG these are so adorable! love the one bending over and just the puff tail, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are absolutely adorable! I'd love for you to share them at Sweet & Simple Sunday!!

    http://www.cupsbykim.blogspot.com/2012/03/sweet-simple-sunday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so flippin' cute! I absolutely LOVE them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so adorable! You did a fantastic job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bunnies look wonderful. I love the drawings in your button and your freehand drawings on your cookies look just as good.

    Beth @ Hungry Happenings

    ReplyDelete
  9. In my opinion, these are PERFECT!! What a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet,love them.Thanks for linking up to Creative Mondays :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh those are so cute!!! I hope you'll link up to my Hippity Hop Easter Project Hop. I'll be back soon to add a few projects to your Linky going on now.

    http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/03/hippity-hop-easter-project-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. so cute, I want one of those projectors too, at least you can draw, I so can't.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am going to say it, these cookies kick ass. There I said it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These cookies are too cute! Love 'dem bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so in love with these cookies!!! GREAT job!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. these are the most adorable cookies! would you please link it up with our online linky? my readers will love it! http://bit.ly/kikLinkup6

    ReplyDelete
  17. These bunnies are so sweet. Perhaps too cute to eat??? Nah.

    ReplyDelete
  18. ps - I pinned them and I'm a new follower too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You always have great treats! Thanks for coming to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We hope you'll be back next week! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are simply adorable! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow wow wow. Your talent continues to amaze me! Thanks so much for sharing at Scrumptious Sunday at Addicted to Recipes! Hope to see you at the next link party, starting Sunday!

    http://iamaddictedtorecipes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are so artistic! Even if I tried, I would never be able to create the outlines to make the bunnies. But, at least I can look at yours and dream.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your bunnies are the cutest EVER! I've gotta share with my readers on Faceboook...

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  24. I adore this! Thanks for linking it to Kids in the Kitchen! I'm gonna share on fb & google+ - working on a post to link to you (just returned from out of town for 2 weeks w kiddos) :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...