Monday, March 12, 2012

Shamrock & Heart Cookies

Chocolate Chip Cut Out Cookies with a glaze style icing...yum! Best of all, I didn't even have to decorate them! These were my daughters project, she was making for her someone special. This is his favorite recipe that we use for cut-out cookies and for icing, and this flavor combination is absolutely perfect!
For the last Shamrock Cookies that we made, Katie cut and baked and then I decorated. Today the roles were reversed. It is always so nice working with my daughter on baking projects! I am so thankful everyday to have my daughter as my best friend!
This was her first time using this type of icing, it is a little different to work with since it is thinner than the royal icing, but it is slightly softer with better flavor too. I love the colors that she chose!
Of course Katie had to make hearts along with the shamrocks since they are for her sweetheart. Everyday, even St. Patrick's Day, is Valentine's Day for the two of them!
 
For a list of recipe links, including those used for these cookies view my FAQ page!


4 comments:

  1. How cool looking are those?!?! LOVE THE COLORS TOGETHER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing these at Scrumptious Sunday! You have a great gift!

      Delete
  3. how fun. I love baking/crafting with Sophia!

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...