Thursday, March 8, 2012

Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookie Bars

This is one super yummy, quick, easy, and dressed for St. Patrick's Day treat! It is easily adaptable for any occasion or no occasion at all!
Here is what you need:
1 package of 17.5 ounce Betty Crocker Peanut Butter cookie mix plus ingredients needed on package
1/2 package of Chocolate Candiquik
sprinkles if desired
Prepare 6x10 inch baking dish or pan by spraying with cooking spray. Mix together peanut butter cookie mix with ingredients called for on package (1 egg, 3 T oil, 1 T water). Spread peanut butter cookie dough into dish, flattening if needed. Bake at 350 for 20-22 minutes. Let cool.
Melt 1/2 package of Candiquik according to package directions or I just melt it in the microwave in a microwave safe glass dish for about 1-1/2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Pour on top of peanut butter cookie and spread out with spatula or the back of a spoon. Immediately sprinkle with seasonal sprinkles, if desired. Let chocolate set up.
I thought the chocolate had set up, but with the cookie still slightly warm when I spread on the chocolate, it wasn't quite ready, and the first bar I cut the chocolate was still melty, but oh so yummy!
The cookie bars in the center of the pan are more reminiscent of a peanut butter cup, the ones on the outside with the edges a little crisper, more of a cookie. No matter which you prefer the inside or the edges....the chocolaty, peanut buttery goodness will have you wanting more!

Featured at: Hear the Bells'


  1. These look really good. Actually better than a Reeses. Are they difficult to cut?

  2. Delicious! My favorite combination of flavors. :)

  3. Now that is my kind of St. Patty's Day celebration! Thanks for sharing at our party this week, Christine.

  4. This looks so good and so easy to make. I will definitely need to try these!

  5. Now these look yummy! I can't wait to try them. I am a follower, If you find the time to stop by my blog @ and if you like it follow me too, that would make my day.

  6. I love St Paddy's Day, what a great idea to just add green sprinkles to something that is so yummy!! I found you on the Taste This Thursday Blog Hop and I am glad I did. I am now following you on Linky and would love a follow back.

    My Turn (for us)

    Thanks, I enjoyed the visit.

  7. These look so good! I'm never going to pass my glucose test this week! Please stop by my blog and check out my Chocolate Chip Caramel Cookie Bar recipe!

  8. Those look so yummy! Can't wait to try them!

  9. Oh Dear, the peanut butter will get me every time! These look delicious!

  10. Wow, I can't wait to try this recipe...Thanks for linking up @CountryMommaCooks…..have a wonderful weekend:)

  11. These are awesome bars, and I can't wait to make them! Hope you are having a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Happy St. Patrick's Day and Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

  12. Shared on Facebook! These looks so good! Thanks for sharing on Mom On Timeout!

  13. Your treats always look delicious and these bars are no exception! Thanks for linking up to my party :)


I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...