Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Cookie Monster Cupcakes

It's COOKIE MONSTER!
Now that I have begun on making the Sesame Street Characters, I can't stop! This week I have made Cookie Monster!
I had really started to get bored of cupcakes until I started by making the Elmo Cupcakes last week! Now, I am on a quest to make all of the characters that we have stuffed animals of, maybe more!
These lovable little guys are just as easy as Elmo to make!
 
All you need is:
Cupcakes
Sandwich type cookies cut in half
Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies (I used Mini Chips Ahoy!)
White Necco Candy
Black Candy Writer
Icing colored blue (I used Wilton Royal Blue)
Tip 233
Heat the candy writer and make the black dots on the white Necco candies, let set. Color icing blue. Ice cupcakes using piping bag fitted with tip 233 and using a squeeze and release motion cover the cupcake. Add the eyes and mouth. With a dab of icing, stick on the mini chocolate chip cookies! That's all! That's it!
Cookie Monster love cookies....and cupcakes!
Look for a new Sesame Street Character next Tuesday!
 
Other Characters that I have made:
 
(Note: I did not have a problem with the blue dye bleeding into the Neccos like I did with the red dye)

I always share my cupcakes at:
Hoosier Homemade - Making Your House a Home

18 comments:

  1. He is adorable!! Love him - I really like the black cookie for the mouth. I will try that next time. When you say heat the candy writer - are you talking an Americolor pen? Not sure and I like your eyes and want to copy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are adorable! Thanks for sharing! I'd love it if you came and checked out my oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww! always love a good sesame street cuppie! great job, love the grass tip--although it can give you some major hand cramps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job! So cute. Thanks for sharing at Crazy Sweet Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow you did a great job! they look really perfect

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, they are super cute!!! Awesome job! I will pin them :)
    Thanks for visiting,I'm your newest follower.
    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! These are too cute. I love the teeny chocolate chip cookie crisp on his mouth. How creative and perfect would these be for a kids party? Or heck, any party--I would love these for anything!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, THIS is the CUTEST thing I've ever seen! Just a grass tip and you're off to the races. Beautifully done, girl. Love it.
    Best,
    Jenn from www.justaddwatersilly, hopping from Link it up!
    (newest follower)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!! These are adorable!!! I wouldn't even want to eat it because it's so cute!!! :-)
    gatheredinthekitchen.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are even cuter than the Elmo ones! I LOVE them. Thanks for sharing at Link It Up Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This post has me smiling from ear to ear. I would just love to sit and watch you create these precious little creatures. Each one seems to have its own little personality. Hope you are having a wonderful week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  12. SUPER cute! I love Cookie Monster! Love his eyes!
    As always, thanks for sharing on Cupcake Tuesday!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all your Sesame Street cupcakes, but these are my absolute favorites!!! The little cookie is a final stroke of brilliance! Pinned 'em for later reference. Hopefully one of my nephews or nieces will want a Sesame Street party.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that you gave cookie monster a little snack!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I forgot to mention, you should try Oscar the Grouch :) That would be super cute too, with his lil unibrow :P

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...