Friday, January 6, 2012

Love Letters & Hearts Cookies

I know you must think I am a crazy romantic by now, getting a start on Valentine's Day over a month early and these would fit the bill for that. It's just perfect timing really, where my inspiration is coming from.
There is really no reason for the number of black hearts, but there is a reason for just one red heart.
Maybe this will help?
Or this?
There is a significance to the 4 love letters.
My inspiration.
We already had the first book with the movie cover and I wanted them to match, besides I did see the movies first. I am about halfway through the 2nd book now. Everyone that said I must read them, was right and thank you! These books are a must read if you like this kind of thing. I have always been a fan of vampire stories, reading all of The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice, and another similar series that the name escapes me right now shortly after, so many years ago.
 
These cookies were made using: the Martha Stewart: Sugar Cookies recipe and Duff Red & Black Fondant. I cut out the shapes with the same cookies cutters I made the cookies with while the cookies were baking and immediately placed the fondant on the cookie as soon as the cookies were out of the oven and still hot, this adheres the fondant to the cookie. I premade the tiny flowers so they would have time to harden slightly and not lay flat on the cookie. I used a bottle of royal icing left from yesterday's cookies that to stick on the sugar pearls onto the flowers and then to stick the flowers onto the cookie after the cookie had finished cooling and the fondant on top had started to dry. 
Anyway if you love these cookies, you will love the cupcakes that are floating around in my head right now waiting to be made very soon!
 
My Word for 2012:


Featured at: Bacon Time

25 comments:

  1. welcome to the dark side. I think I've read and re-read the books 3 or 4 times. So much better than the movies, although quite fun themselves. THese cookies are too fun too! I've never done all fondant toppers on cookies, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are getting so awesome at decorating your cookies!!!!! inspires me to get my butt back in the kitchen and start making pretty things rather than dream about them lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so pretty, I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you did a great job, I really love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. they are beautiful, I want you to come play with me. Teach me all you know.. nice post andi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look who's getting a jump start on Valentine's Day...they look gorgeous.

    I want to wish you a very Happy New Year...and lots of LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are amazing... my girls love twilight....Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such pretty cookies...I knew they had to be yours before I even clicked on the thumbnail link. Thanks for sharing at Shine on Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the darker sophistication you achieved with these. Love them.
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love it if you shared your cookies here:

    http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/01/show-your-stuff-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. those are just adorable!

    I love that dough...I use it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the cookies! Reminds me to get working on some Valentine treats :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are adorable! I love the details and the sexxy colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They look so cute, how did you emboss the fondant? I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  15. @coconut- Thanks for stopping by! I used a rubber stamp to make the rose patterns on the fondant :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. what is there to say,...Twilight....*sigh*...

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are darling! I invite you to link these (or any other Valentine's Day posts) up with the Find Some Love Fest on February 1st!

    http://www.feedingmytemple.com/2012/01/exciting-announcement.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are so cute! I love the pattern you embossed on the fondant. So creative and clever.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Featuring on Wed. this week at Bacon Time. Those Twilight boys inspire me to ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are so cute! Thanks for linking up to "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We would love to have you back next Saturday to share more ideas. -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good luck and thanks again for linking up at BT Valentine contest.

    ReplyDelete
  22. 1st off, i think your fondant on cookies looks so cool, so I'm wanting to order some fondant. whats your favorite fondant brand? fondarific? satin ice? this stuff (duff?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the Fondarific, but Duff is great too and available at Michaels so I use that most!

      Delete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...