Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Big Bird Cupcakes

It's BIG BIRD!
This is #3 on my Sesame Street Adventure!
These guys took a little more time than the others, but I love working with fondant and they were a lot of fun to make!

Here is what you need:
Cupcakes
fondant in yellow, red, blue, pink, white, and black (or color white fondant)
icing colored yellow
Tip 67

A couple days ahead of time shape Big Bird's beak with yellow fondant, add inside of mouth using red and tongue using pink. If parts don't adhere well to each other, use a decorator brush with just a drop of water. For the eyes, I cut white fondant circles using Wilton's smallest fondant circle cutter, but the opposite end of your decorating tip can be used as well. I also made circles in blue and pink for the eyes and just cut the parts that I needed. The black pupil was cut using the opening on a size 12 tip. All eye parts were "glued" together using a brush with just a drop of water. Allow the beaks and eyes to stiffen up a day or two, if not they will lose shape when they are placed on the icing.
For the feathers I used buttercream colored yellow and tip 67. They were piped using a squeeze and release motion. Place on your facial features and you are finished!
*Be sure not to use too much water when adhering fondant parts together or your colors will bleed and the fondant will break down.
Again, my inspiration was a tiny stuffed animal!
Look for a new Sesame Street Character next Tuesday!
   
Other Characters that I have made:


23 comments:

  1. cute cute cute! i hope i can come up with an excuse to make these some day... and fun fact: Big Bird lives in my home town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're too good at this, I'm never going to be allowed favorites. I LOVE THIS!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your big bird. I like that you are doing all the characters. Can't wait to see who is next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute. I use to work for this guy that was 7 feet tall. I gave him on his b-day a Big Bird book called "It's Not Easy Being Big". I think or hope he thought it was funny and sweet. These are wonderful cupcakes. You do such good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are absolutely adorable! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big Bird was always a favorite of mine! You did him proud:-) Thank you for sharing on Trick or Treat Tuesday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love them! So sweet and they look perfect.

    Stopping by from Happy Hour Projects. Hope you can visit me at www.actfasthchef.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are absolutely adorable! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are awesome! I have pinned this. I am a new Fb fan visiting from Crafty Mom Share. Vicky from Mess For Less

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for linking up to CountryMommaCooks Link & Greet Party!
    Hope to see you next Saturday……Have a blessed week:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love Big Bird and want to give him a hug! These cupcakes are just awesome.
    Hope you are having a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm loving your Sesame Street cupcakes! Thanks for sharing!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Total cuteness! Thanks for sharing at Shine on Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sesame Street remains one of my favorite TV shows of all time, so your cupcakes are absolutely near and dear to my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like these ones!! How clever to use that tip for the feathers! I LOVE the Sesame Street series. Thanks for sharing with us at Link It Up Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh! These are just darling! You really are amazing. Every time I visit your blog I'm just in awe of your talent. Thank you so much for sharing at Taking A Timeout Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. so cute

    Thanks for linking up to Serenity Saturday Link Party!
    Hope you can join me again tomorrow

    Natasha xx

    www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. How fun! This is a great idea! Thanks so much for joining us on "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". We loved having you and hope to see you back next week with more great ideas! - The Sisters

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...