Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Turtle Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies

It's the start of a new year and this is my first time baking for 2012! With family visiting, kids home from school, and then other people giving us desserts too, my schedule is all out of whack and we have had a lot of sweets around! I have spent the past few days reading Twilight and I am almost finished! Love, love, love it! I have fallen in love with all of the movies and I started the book before when my daughter read it years ago, but just didn't have time to finish, so now I plan to read the whole series! I have also been beading and tie dying with my teenage daughter the past few days and having a blast at that too!
   Anyway, these cookies really aren't my ideal choice for the first thing to bake in 2012, I prefer pretty cookies and these aren't really that pretty. They certainly aren't what I meant when I said as one of my New Year's Resolutions to "expect to see lots more cookies" this year. These are yummy and quick though and sometime a quick cookie is needed! Quick enough to make before I have to pick up my daughter from gymnastics practice, another thing we have been doing all winter break! Of course there are also just flavors that you can't get into a cut out cookie that you can into a not so pretty cookie!
I started with storebought peanut butter cookie mix (17.5 oz pkg) which would make 36 normal sized peanut butter cookies. Prepare peanut butter cookie mix as directed on package. Wrap around the cookie dough around frozen Turtle candies. Bake at 375 for 12-14 minutes. This will be big cookies, with the mix only making 12. Let cool...if you wish! I broke into the first one while it was still hot and gooey and yummy!
What's not to love about peanut butter, peanuts, caramel, and chocolate?

16 comments:

  1. cute or not they look really yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turtles are my all time fav candy and only eat them at this time of the year. so I LOVE this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, these look sinful and delish...perfect this week..I will eat my salad and have 12 of these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW. These look awesome! Turtles are one of my favorite things ever, and paired with a pb cookie? Priceless! I'm glad you're finishing the series - it's such a great one. Thanks for sharing on Crazy Sweet Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look delicious! I love ooey, gooey goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, these look sinful. And I am trying to be an angel. Bummer.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy! These look delicious. I love Twilight, read every one. Can't wait until the last movie. Enjoy the books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy.. These look amazing.. :)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for joining my linky party! This post rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmm! These are making me so hungry this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Following you @ GFC and Twitter via Freestyle Friday.

    http://www.sjb-myphotopage.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would just love this cookie with that wonderful center, it looks delicious. Hope you are having a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whoah! What a sinful delight!

    Thank you so much for being a part of the creative spirit and camaraderie on "A Little Birdie Told Me..." Tuesday at Rook No. 17. I hope you'll feel inspired to join in again this week!

    Warmest wishes,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow!! Cute & Delicious!!They are inviting me...
    Thanks a lot for linking with
    Midweek Fiesta

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just posted my chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches over at Crazy Sweet Tuesday and as I came across your amazing looking cookies, I thought I have to click on that link and check them out..now I have to make them! Thanks for sharing. I'm you're newest follower! Please follow me back at http://bridgetbakes.blogspot.com Can't wait to check out the rest of your blog and future posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks very delish! Please share at my party Taste This Thursday!
    www.bellmiracle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...