Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Cookies

Happy New Years!
Can you believe it is already 2012? Wow! Where did the time go? It's funny how time just gets stolen from us without us even realizing it.
The holidays all flew by too! I did manage to get these cookies finished though. Speaking of getting things done, what about New Years Resolutions? I never really make a resolution that isn't attainable. I don't like to set myself up for failure. This year I plan to come up with a better baking and blogging schedule! I want to get better at decorating cookies too, so expect to see lots more cookies! I would like to start making at least one cake a month to better practice the skills I learned in all of the Wilton Classes that I took and the new class that I am taking this February. That way when I do make a cake, I feel a little more ready. I also want to read a book, a real book, not just one with recipes, thinking about Twilight- Breaking Dawn. The movie was so good, I just need to know what happens!
Now, moving on to the cookies....I started these cookies by outlining and flooding in white and letting them dry overnight. I sprayed each cookie with 2 coats of Wilton Silver Color Mist Spray. The entire can will cover about 18 cookies, I say about since 2 of the cookies only got sprayed once before the can ran out. The picture above shows a solid white cookie, the top left is with one spray coat, and the bottom is with two coats. I did spray all the way to the edge, the glare makes it look as if I didn't in the picture above.
These little guys are hard to get a good picture of to really show you how they shimmer!
I sprinkled on some Wilton Edible Star Glitter right as the silver spray was almost dry, but still a little damp. If you sprinkle on the star glitter too soon, the stars will curl up and look wilty. The spray does dry pretty quickly so it is best just to work with 2 or 3 cookies at a time if you intend to sprinkle the star glitter on them.
Here are almost all of the cookies, there were a few casualties along the way. Remember the 2 that only got one coat? You can see them above. I also had a hard time decided whether or not I wanted them outlined in black, so I left two without an outline.

Recipes used for these cookies:
Martha Stewart: Sugar Cookies (flavored with almond extract)

Wishing you and yours a very happy 2012!
and for the record...I don't believe the world is coming to an end this year!

I link up at these fun parties!

10 comments:

  1. WOW!!! I am in LOVE with these...the silver spray is awesome. GREAT JOB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cookies! I was wondering how to get a silver color. The spray worked great. Can't wait to try it! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these are so great,Thanks for sharing them with us at Creative Mondays :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great. Happy 2012 to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot wait to try that spray, it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. some snazzy party goods to welcome 2012 Happy New year to you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love the silver. Thanks for sharing on Crazy Sweet Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely ADORE this.. SOOO cute and Very creative.. THANKS SO MUCH for linking via Pin'Inspirational Thursday today.. This ROCKS and its one of my fav's of the day.. Thanks again.. Wishing you an amazing evening.. xoxo.. Marilyn...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute cookies to ring in the new year. Thanks for linking up to "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Please come back Saturday and share more!! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cookies turned out beautifully! I love the way the silver spray looks on the icing.

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...