Sunday, January 15, 2012

Chocolate Coated Valentine WhoNu?'s

Yes, that is what they are called...WhoNu?'s! Every heard of them? I remember seeing them once or twice, but never gave them much thought. Then, while shopping for sandwich style cookies to use for this cookie mold that I got last Valentine's Day and never used, I found WhoNu?'s. The calorie count and fat is about the same as my regular brand, but they add a lot of good stuff to these cookies too!
Of course, I am coating them in chocolate and candy coating, but why not add some nutrition to what we were already going to make? They taste great too! Some of them I coated in dark chocolate so that should count for something good!
 These are super easy to make, I made them in a Christmas & Winter theme just last month!
All you need is a sandwich cookie mold, the mold I am using is by Wilton and available at Michael's. You will also need some type of chocolate, candy melts, or candy coating. You can using candy colors and candy flavorings to change it up a bit, I made the pink candy cherry flavored.
Once you have gathered your supplies, melt up your candy according to package directions and get ready for yumminess!
There are a few different ways that the cookie mold can be filled. The quickest would be just making one solid color like I did with the single pink cookie in the photo below, by filling the candy mold cavity 1/2 full with candy and then pressing in the cookie.
Another method is to use a piping or zipper bag with a tiny corner snipped off to pipe in as much or as little detail as you wish. If this method is used, the first color will need to set up in the refrigerator for about 5 minutes before continuing. After the first details have set up, continue by filling candy mold cavity 1/2 full with chocolate or a different color and press in cookie.
Once the mold is filled and the cookie is inserted, let set up in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes or until easily unmolds when you tap onto counter.
Chocolate and candy coated sandwich cookies have become a quick and easy sweet treat that we all love! As simple as they are, they always get lots of attention too! They are so easy that even children can help make them, with a little supervision in melting the chocolate and candy, of course!


Featured at: WhoNu?

11 comments:

  1. You would have to put these in an armored truck to keep them away from me...
    Hugs,
    lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a commercial for these,but like you didn't think much of it. I love what you did with them though. I'd love to receive these for Valentine's Day though. If not, I'll just have to treat myself hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look awesome. I like the idea of healthy(er) cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable! I'd love for you to share at my new party:

    http://flourmewithlove.blogspot.com/2012/01/mix-it-up-monday.html

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some great Valentine posts. I saw your comment, I don't know why every time I add the button to the post the code gets jumbled. If you grab the code from the button on the side bar it should work. Let me know if it doesn't please. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving ALL your V'Day sweets.. So darling.. YUM.. YOU ARE SO CREATIVE :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had never heard of WhoNu's and then I saw a commercial just last night. Interesting that the calorie/fat contents are similar, LOL - they leave THAT part out in their ad!

    But these look great - as usual! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my! thay look so perfect! and fairly easy! thanks. I am so making them for Valentines day parties at school!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wait, so I can make these cookies and call them healthy? :) I'm in! Love the valentine's theme.

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...