Saturday, January 14, 2012

Hearts & Kisses Chocolate Cookies

Baby, It's Cold Outside Now!
That is just what I didn't want! If the neighbors didn't think I was crazy before dancing, playing water guns, and running around the yard with my kids, they will think I am crazy now, outside on a cold and blustery day photographing cookies! That's okay, let them think I've gone crazy! I just can't seem to get a good picture inside and I don't have a light box thingy!
I am like a kid in a candy store...but at the cake decorating store! I found 3 new cookies cutters this week! These lips were from a lip cookie cutter that was a little less voluptuous until I bent the cutter to make them pucker more! I also decided to make a chocolate cut out cookie for these, the same as I used for my Hello Kitty Chocolate Cookies. All I did was take my favorite cut out cookie recipe: Martha Stewart's Essential Recipe No. 2: Sugar Cookies and changed the amount of all-purpose flour from 3 to 2-1/2 cups and added 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder. I received rave reviews for those Hello Kitty Chocolate Cookies and hope to for these too!
I also got a basic heart shape metal cutter, different from the heart cutter that I also got recently and used for the Love Letters & Hearts Cookies. I have a plastic one that is a little larger, but now that I am getting more into cookies, I really don't like the plastic cutters. 
I had a lot of fun decorating these cookies! I really didn't have a plan to start, I rarely do. I mostly just pick out the icing colors and go to town with it! I even used some of the methods I used on last years Valentine's Cookies that went on top of cupcakes. It is fun to look back and see how much I have learned in my adventures of the past year and I still have so much to learn! That's the fun part, figuring out what I can do next! Valentine's Day is only 1 month away! I hope you all have the Sweetest Valentine's Ever!



20 comments:

  1. wow!!They are so romantic...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing!! wow what artistry--glad I found you through all of the sweet parties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome! Your red is so red, do you let it sit a couple days before you use it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, You guessed it! The cookies were made over 3 days since they just take longer than other things, so I was trying to pace myself baking and making icing one day- the first day it wasnt as red. I started decorating the second morning, and finished on the 3rd morning. It was Americolor Super Red which doesnt get the horrible bitter taste like some reds.

      Delete
  4. So darn cute! I'm so jealous of your cookie decorating skills!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. really really well done! Wow the red is gorgeous! I will definitely be letting mine sit a day or two from now on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!! You are getting really good with Royal Icing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking up, I think I finally got the button working, it was a silly mistake, I have a headache today so the easiest task seems to take me all day. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great,love them :) Thanks for linking up to Creative Mondays :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these!

    I invite you to link up this (or any other Valentine's Day themed posts) at the Find Some Love Fest on February 1st! 5 blogs, 1 link up!

    http://www.feedingmytemple.com/2012/01/exciting-announcement.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing, stunning looking cookies!
    I looooooooove your workd - your are very creative

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are beautiful! Your piping is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing them on Crazy Sweet Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so cute! I never thought to take pictures outside, but I always bake at night it seems, it is so dark by then, oh well. maybe when I win the lottery, I will bake before noon, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So fun, looking at these cookies just made me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These cookies are beautiful! Thank you so much for linking up to "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We hope you'll be back to share more ideas with us next Saturday. -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cookies are so cute! Thanks for sharing some great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just Gorgeous!!!!!

    Thanks for linking up to Serenity Saturday
    Hope to see you next time

    Natasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute and festive, as always! You're so talented! Thanks for sharing at Shine on Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Your cookies never fail to impress! Featuring your post on my Facebook page today!

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...