Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Hello Kitty Chocolate Cookies

Hello, Kitty!
The latest buzz in bloggerville is chocolate cut out cookies and that really had me craving a change from regular sugar cookies! Not that I don't love regular sugar cookies, I do change them up with peppermint, coconut, almond, and of course vanilla extracts, but after reading about chocolate cut outs...that is what I long for! 
I love the recipe I always use for regular sugar cookies, Martha Stewart's Essential Recipe No. 2: Sugar Cookies, so I just changed it to chocolate by changing the amount of all purpose flour from 3 to 2-1/2 cups and adding 1/2 cup cocoa powder. That's it! This recipe made 22 cookies, probably about 24 or 25 truthfully. The dough was yummy too and you can make little shapes out of it and trick the kids...oh yeah I did...haha!
The cookies came out perfect! They stayed true to size and taste GREAT!
So this is how far I got before I decided to take a picture. Pink bow...check. White outline...check. Flooding...almost done...check. After the cookies were all flooded I put them away for the night to dry.
I am still learning to decorate cookies and still need a lot of practice to make perfect! There are so many wonderful blogs out there for cookie decorating, so I try and absorb a little from each! I got some tips on decorating these cookies at Sweet Sugarbelle's. She has a push pin trick that helps with getting the eyes and nose in the right place! I have really learned a lot from her blog and she has a lot of pictorials to help.
  
  The Next Day
Pipe on the black bow outline, eyes, whiskers, and yellow nose. Let dry.
I am very pleased with how these turned out, probably my best looking cookies yet!
Packed and ready to go!
...and need I tell you what to do next...
EAT THEM! YUM!
They taste fabulous too!
My kids say the taste reminds them of a chocolate Pop-Tart...yep that's it...YUM!
Good-Bye, Kitty!


My other Hello Kitty Sweets:
 
 These Cookies are shared at:

20 comments:

  1. Those are so adorable....love them!

    Hope you can come by Foodie Wednesday this week as well and share them.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. So precious! My daughter was a huge hello kitty fan and would have flipped over these.
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are absolutely fantastic. You obviously learn quick. I seem to be intimidated by the whole royal icing thingie.....anyway way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! I will stop by Foodie Wednesday and link up Ms Bibi :)
    My oldest daughter loved Hello Kitty and now my youngest does, she was so excited to see the cookies done!
    Trish-Thanks, After learning how royal icing behaved in the Wilton Classes I took, I don't find it so intimidating anymore, the more I work with it the more comfortable I am getting. I am still working on trying to get my lines straight and smooth though, getting the pressure even. I will keep practicing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! These look fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi its me from http://www.bellecaketopperandmould.net/
    like you blog so creative...and now I'm one of your follower...

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm captivated by the Hello Kitty cookie cutter; I didn't know they existed; it made me take a second look at your fun blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for dropping by my blog today. It's nice to "meet" you! Your cookies are amazingly beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are too cute for words! You're very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are the cutest things I've ever seen. I'll have to share this with my cousin Lacey. She's a huge Hello Kitty fan. Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I collect Hello Kitty. Your cookies are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super super cute! I'm making these later today too!
    Hope mine come out as great as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You must know, they look perfect! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Artfully done and delicious too! I'm featuring your post on my FB page today!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Sweet Sugar Belle. Her color guide is so helpful. I have never been into Hello Kitty, but seeing all the cookies... They are so cute!

    I need to try that sugar cookie recipe. I hate when my dough "bleeds out" and altars the shape from the heat of the oven.

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun way to eat chocolate sugar cookies, so cute. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  17. where can I find a hello kitty cookie cutter
    Please share

    ReplyDelete
  18. where can I find hello kitty cookie cutter from please share

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi "Unknown" I got my Hello Kitty Cookie Cutters at the Party City store (they also have a website http://www.partycity.com/product/hello+kitty+cookie+cutter+set.do?from=Search )it is a set of 2, the one that is shown and one of the full body Hello Kitty. I hope this helps! Have a great New Year and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...