Sunday, July 3, 2011

Fireworks Cookies

Everybody's Making Them!
Yes, this is the cookie design on the cover of the Martha Stewart Living Magazine and yes, I am making them too! Why not? They are eye catching and easy! I used this method on the very first Halloween Cupcakes I made and a similar method on Shamrock Cookies.
I started by making my favorite sugar cookie recipe: Martha Stewart's Essential Recipe No. 2: Sugar Cookies. This recipe has never failed me! This time I used almond flavoring. I cut them out using a 4" round cutter, so these are big cookies! The recipe makes 12 cookies at the 4-inch size. I just made 10 with some dough left over to try out my new cookie press!
To decorate the cookies, all you have to do is outline your cookies with royal icing and a size 3 tip (you can find the recipe I use at my Margarita, Flip Flips and Cheap Sunglasses Cookie Post). Let the outline dry a few minutes and then thin out your icing and fill 'er up! For these cookies you don't want to let the first color dry before adding rings inside the cookie with various colors and size 2 tip, so make sure all your bags are ready to go! Drag a toothpick through the wet icing and that's it! It is best to work with just one cookie at a time!
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!


These Cookies Were Shared At:

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm having a linky party called A Themed Baker's Sunday. Usually I have a theme every week, but this week I want to see what everyone is making for the 4th. I would love if you linked up your delicious and patriotic sweetness!
    http://cupcakeapothecary.blogspot.com/2011/07/themed-bakers-sunday-12.html
    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job with these cookies! They're perfect for this weekend. Thanks for sharing on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...