Saturday, July 30, 2011

Pink Princess Cupcakes #5- Ice Cream Sundae

Ice Cream Sundae
July is National Ice Cream Month, so I decided to make "Ice Cream Sundae" for the last cupcake of July.
 
This is the 5th cupcake out of 28 different Pink Princess Cupcake designs that I am making from the Pink Princess Cupcake Book by Barbara Beery. Be sure to view the other Pink Princess Cupcakes I have made too.

 The book recipe for these particular cupcakes was the Strawberry Cupcake that I used for the Pink Princess Cupcakes #1- Pink Lemonade. Just getting back from vacation, I wanted to simplify these from using the book recipe. In making the Ice Cream Sundae cupcake, I used Pillsbury Funfetti Box Mix and 12 ounces Kroger Diet Black Cherry Soda. That is it, just 2 ingredients, no eggs, oil, or butter. The Diet Black Cherry Soda gave the cupcakes a pinkish/lavender color.
 Place your flat bottom ice cream cones into your cupcake tins. Fill them with your cake batter only 1/2 to 2/3 full. I went up to the line inside the cone (about 3/4 full) and some of the cupcakes dripped over and out of the cone while baking.  I made 18 cones (that is how many came in the box) and 2 cupcakes with the leftover batter. These baked at 350 for 20 minutes. You could really make a full 24 cones making the cupcakes with soda as I did.
 
After the cupcakes are well cooled, just before serving, top with a scoop of ice cream, Magic Shell, rainbow jimmies, and a stemmed maraschino cherry! This was easier said than done. Even with the air conditioning going non-stop, with this 100+ degree heat wave our house is at 81 right now. The ice cream wasn't even that hard in the freezer, usually you need a chisel and hammer to scoop ice cream. I had to work quickly at putting the ice cream on and my daughter quickly added the toppings and put them immediately into the freezer to harden up a bit before we photographed.
The cupcakes in the cones taste great and were cooked perfectly. I love the taste of them with the Diet Black Cherry Soda. With just a scoop of ice cream on top it is easy to eat before the whole thing melts! I really like these, they are my favorite out of the 3 ice cream cupcakes that I have made from the Pink Princess Cupcake Book.

Next weeks Pink Princess Cupcake:
Sunshine Princess (subject to change)
I have not been able to find a key ingredient for the "Sunshine Princess" yet, so I may pick out a different cupcake for next week.

Be sure to check out all of the Pink Princess Cupcakes that I have made!


Visit the Ultimate Coupons.com Blog for a fun "What Your Favorite Ice Cream Says About You" infographic.
I have 2 favorite ice creams out of the selection. The ice cream I like the most, "Coffee", says that I am "The Elitest", my second favorite ice cream says I am a "Straight Shooter." Go check it out to see what your favorite ice cream says about you!
 
These Cupcakes are shared at:
A Well-Seasoned Life: Sweet Indulgences Sunday
Screaming Sardine: Month Long Cupcake Party
Party Mindie Style: Weekend Link Up
Jam Hands: Recipe Sharing Monday
Talking Dollars and Cents- Muffin (and Cupcake) Monday
Sweetology: Tea Party Tuesday
Hoosier Homemade: Cupcake Tuesday
Rook No. 17: A Little Birdie Told Me Tuesday
Lady Behind the Curtain: Cast Party Wednesday
This Chick Cooks: These Chicks Cooked
Daily Organized Chaos: Foodie Wednesday
Something Swanky: Sweet Treats Thursday
Miz Helen's Country Cottage: Full Plate Thursday
 
These Cupcakes were featured at:
Screaming Sardine: Cupcake Link Features

13 comments:

  1. I've loved your pink princess series. All of the treats have been beautiful! Thanks for sharing them with me on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these!! Where oh where are the pink IC cones in my town! GREAT JOB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kim I am having a lot of fun working my way through the book!
    Thanks Trish- I loved them too, even without the ice cream on top. I got the cones from Kroger. I think they were even Kroger brand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! Those little cupcakes are just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These princess cupcakes are so adorable. What a sweet treat for little ladies. If you'd like, I wanted to invite you over to share your best recipes at my new link party, Recipe Sharing Monday. I'd love for you to join in the fun :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! They turned out so pretty too. I'd love for you to come link up to my Sweet Treats party tomorrow!! Hope to see you there :)

    Ashton
    www.somethingswanky.com
    {Sweet Treats Thursday}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! I love baking cupcakes in ice cream cones, it such fun!
    Remember you can bake them upside down.
    Thanks for sharing on Cupcake Tuesday!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad to see that you linked up this week. Thank you so much for sharing this at Recipe Sharing Monday. I hope to see you back next week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. An Ice Cream Sundae is sure something that would hit the spot in all this heat. I really like it in that cone, great idea. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see again real soon. Hope you are having a great week end!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a sucker for pink, so these cupcakes have me positively charmed! Love the idea of tinting/flavoring them with the black cherry soda!

    Have you seen the pans specially made for cupcake cones? I bought one a few months ago and it's fab! http://www.kupcakekonz.com/ Thought you might get a kick out of it too since we share a mutual affinity for cupcakes and whimsical sweets.

    jenn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seriously.....how cute are these? You are the cupcake queen....that's for sure.

    Thanks for sharing these cuties at Foodie Wednesday.
    Hope you can come by this week again and share another great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for sharing your recipes with me at Cast Party Wednesday. I hope you will come back tomorrow for another party filled with GREAT RECIPES!
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another darling idea! These look incredible! Please share by linking them up at Muffin (and Cupcake) Monday. Thanks so much!

    http://www.talkingdollarsandcents.net/muffin-monday-whole-wheat-butterscotch-muffins

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...