Monday, July 11, 2011

Mickey Mouse Cookies

M-I-C-K-E-Y  M-O-U-S-E
It has been almost a year since I purchased this Mickey Mouse Cookie Cutter at Disney World!
  I hadn't even taken the tag off yet! It isn't that I haven't wanted to make a Mickey Mouse Cookie, I just wasn't sure how to decorate it. I am surely not experienced enough in cookie decorating to draw a face on it yet. Well, I could draw a face, but it wouldn't resemble Mickey Mouse! Black and Red scare me because of the bitterness. I am really not sure how to make a Mickey worthy cookie! It is National Sugar Cookie Day (July 9th), well it was, when I started making the cookies, so this is a perfect time to use that cutter!
 
I am going for simple here. I started with a black outline. I colored my icing with Americolor Super Black. This was my first time using Americolor and I like it! It isn't as bitter as the other black coloring I have tried! Maybe there will be a black and red Mickey Mouse cookie in the future after all! I was afraid of the black bleeding, so I allowed the black to fully dry over night. After fully dried, I flooded the cookie in white and put on Mickey Mouse sprinkles!
So that's it, my first Mickey Mouse Cookie!
This was my very first Mickey Mouse and my daughters 1st Mickey Mouse too!
I am sure this will just be one of many Mickey Mouse cookies that I will make now that I am slowly getting the hang of cookie decorating!


These Cookies are shared at:
Lady Behind the Curtain: Cast Party Wednesday

5 comments:

  1. Saw this on Sweets for a Saturday - what cute cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love a good sugar cookie. I think it's the practice makes perfect concept. The problem is that I eat my mistakes!
    I think your cookie looks perfect. I want to get a candy corn cookie cutter. They are so cute and look quite easy. Just thinking ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cookies! My 9 year cousin is going to Disney World next month-I may send these with him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic job on these Mickey Mouse cookies! Thanks for sharing them at our Cookie Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...