Monday, August 1, 2011

Cinderella Cupcakes

So this love, Mmmmm
So this is love
So this is what makes life divine
What a surprise when I turned the calendar to August yesterday evening and realized that August is my daughters 1/2 birthday. For those of you that are new to my blog, when I started baking back in October 2009, I looked for any excuse to bake...including half birthdays. Now that I have started celebrating half birthdays with a special dessert, I can't stop, especially since my youngest doesn't remember ever not having a half birthday. For half birthdays so far I have made Martha Stewart Mini Oreo Cheesecakes, My first cake- a Tinkerbell Cake, and an Animal Print Stacked cake. So what was I going to do? Usually I plan these things at least a month in advance and I had nothing. I knew that I didn't want to tackle a cake, especially in the heat of summer, so I limited it to cupcakes. My daughter new exactly what her special dessert should be...Cinderella. She even picked out the decorations she wanted on her cupcakes. By the way, she also believes her dad needs an Ariel cake for his birthday coming
This is what I have to work with. They are all Wilton Products found at Party City. With the liners being mostly white, there was no way the design would show up at all with a chocolate or colored cake, so vanilla it is! Now I needed to find a recipe and I remembered that someone posted "Perfect Vanilla Cupcakes" on their blog in the past week...who was it? After a quick search, I found it!
The recipe I used is from Glorious Treats: Perfect Vanilla Cupcakes.
I used Madagascar Vanilla, so it darked them up a bit and well, when they weren't ready I left them in the oven and forgot to check soon enough, so a few got a little more golden that I wanted around the edges. The recipe is supposed to make 15-16. I had 13 in the first batch. I did fill them a little too full. I am lost without my ice cream scoop (it broke...need to find a new one).
I also did a second 1/2 batch of the recipe to make sure to have enough cupcakes to use all the Wilton Candies and figurines. The second 1/2 batch made 8, so I filled those to the proper size. I got these out of the oven in time and they were perfect!
Both sets of cupcakes tasted great and very vanilla-y! There was no question what flavor the cupcake was and I will be using this recipe again! Even with my bad math skills the recipe I cut in half still worked well!
These are the cupcakes. The ones that were slightly darker on the top and bottom, but not too bad.
Now to ice them. I made buttercream icing. I didn't want to use vanilla, since I don't have any clear vanilla and intended on coloring the icing. I decide on flavoring the buttercream with lime juice by substituting all of the liquid with lime juice, so the icing has a nice strong lime flavor. Last year I used lemon juice for her 1/2 birthday Tinkerbell Cake and it was a hit! The lime and vanilla actually complement each other quite well. The front 2 cupcakes are a very light pink but it didn't show up in the picture as well as I would have liked.
And then, Baker Smurf wanted in the picture...after all he is a baker!
Here's the whole family of cupcakes and the Cinderella doll, my little princess got from our trip to Disney World!
My daughter couldn't wait to eat one so she could play with the figurine, and Cinderella needed a Prince so she could go to the ball, so she is taking Baker Smurf!

These Cupcakes are shared at:
Jam Hands: Recipe Sharing Monday
Talking Dollars and Cents- Muffin (and Cupcake) Monday
Sweetology: Tea Party Tuesday
Hoosier Homemade: Cupcake Tuesday
Rook No. 17: A Little Birdie Told Me Tuesday
Lady Behind the Curtain: Cast Party Wednesday
This Chick Cooks: These Chicks Cooked
Daily Organized Chaos: Foodie Wednesday
Something Swanky: Sweet Treats Thursday
Miz Helen's Country Cottage: Full Plate Thursday
Mangoes and Chutney: Fat Camp Friday


  1. The frosting looks perfect! They look delicious as well!

  2. Any little girl would be in heaven to receive those cupcakes!
    Thanks for sharing on Cupcake Tuesday!

  3. My daughter would love these! Mangoes and Chutney's Fat Camp Friday is now open Friday at midnight (EST) ! I would love if you stopped by and linked up this recipe!

  4. What great Cinderella Cupcakes, they look so cute. It is amazing all the goodies that are available to create the cutest food art. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you again real soon. Hope you are having a great week end!
    Miz Helen

  5. Thank you so much for joining Fat Camp Friday! See you next week!

  6. They're princess-perfect! Love the idea of celebrating 1/2 birthdays!


  7. These are darling! Please share these with our readers by linking them up at Muffin (and Cupcake) Monday. Thanks!


I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...