Saturday, August 20, 2011

Jell-o No-Bake Mini Cherry Cheesecakes

Another half-birthday has rolled around, and one of my son's favorite desserts...
Cheesecake!
Last year I made him the Martha Stewart: Cookies and Cream Cheese Cupcakes and they did take a lot of time. This year, to save a lot of time, I am going to try the JELL-O No Bake Cherry Cheesecake, mini style in cupcake liners. I chose mini cheesecakes over a regular sized cheesecake because they are easier to serve and...I love cupcakes!
These mini cherry cheese cakes were very quick to make. I used the foil liners without the papers inside for easy peeling. It did take a little bit longer to press the crust into 12 cupcake liners than the 15 minute box time for a regular sized pie, but it was still less than a half hour prep time. The mini cheesecakes take 1 hour to set up in the refrigerator or can be frozen for 4 hours. I put them in the refrigerator. The cheese cake did very slightly adhere to the foil. To avoid wasting any of this deliciousness, right before serving it does help to put them in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
I would have to say with the time it takes to prepare, bake, and set a regular cheese cake, I prefer this no-bake cheesecake!
These mini cherry cheesecakes tasted great!

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea! These would be perfect for a party or a shower. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so great! I am making these as soon as possible!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love jello no bake cheesecake. my family makes it all the time. see blog review:
    no bake cheesecake

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...