Thursday, August 4, 2011

Pink Princess Cupcakes #6- Pretty Pink Shortcake

Pretty Pink Shortcake
Quick and simply delicious!

This is actually the next to last recipe in the Pink Princess Cupcake Book by Barbara Beery. For me, it is #6 cupcake of a total of 28 recipes that I am making from the book. This selection is very quick and easy to make with no baking required...so perfect when entertaining in a pinch, or the weather is just to hot to turn on the stove!

The book actually calls for a store bought pound cake, but I just happened to have a homemade one in the freezer. Start by cutting the cake into cubes that will fit in a standard size cupcake liner, about a 1 inch square. The cake could also be cut into a shape with a cookie cutter. These cut very easy if your cake is still a little frozen.
I differed from the book in the topping as well. The book calls for homemade whipped cream frosting with strawberry jam folded in strawberry jam. Instead of this, I went the easy route and squirted on some whipped light cream in a can. Each treat is then topped with an entire strawberry sliced. I put the sides of the strawberry in the cupcake liner as well.

Be sure to visit all of the Pink Princess Cupcakes that I have made!

The Next Pink Princess Cupcake that I will be making:
Magical Mermaid (Picked by my little Princess)
I still have been unable to find the final ingredient for the "Sunshine Princess Cupcake."
There is still have one more place I want to check before deciding on a substitution.
 

This Pink Princess Cupcake is shared at:


4 comments:

  1. What a great blog! It's girly but not so much to put off any guys. I love it! I'm following you from Recipe Sharing Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these look so yummy! I love your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of the cupcakes have been so pretty! I love strawberry shortcake so would eat a ton of these. Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think these are really cute...perfect for a tea party...they remind me of whimsy little petit fours! Great job on all of your princess cupcakes, it has been a lot of fun to watch them unfold.

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...