Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Pink Princess Cupcakes #8- Garden Princess

Garden Princess
This is #8 of 28 cupcakes that I will be making from the Pink Princess Cupcakes book by Barbara Beery.
This is also my first time using these cool Flower Silicone Baking Cups by Wilton. I had debated on whether I wanted to even buy Flower Silicone Baking Cups for this project (they were used in the book) or just use regular liners. I had read a few reviews that said that cupcakes stick badly in them and they are 12 for $9.99.  I am really glad that I decided to get the silicone cups. They turned out very easy to unwrap. (It does say on the Wilton packaging to lightly spray the inside of the cup with baking spray and that is what I did.)  I used a Michael's coupon for them too, so they weren't that expensive and they are reusable. I will definitely be getting more in the future. Wilton has a large variety of different silicone liners.

Okay, back to this Pink Princess Cupcake design...
While the cupcakes were cooling, I cut out flowers and leaves from precolored fondant. By the time the flowers were cut out, the cupcakes were cooled and ready to frost. I used canned frosting that I had colored for these cupcakes. For the final touch, I arranged the flowers on top.

Be sure to check out all of the Pink Princess Cupcakes that I have made!

The Next Pink Princess Cupcakes I will be making:
Sunshine Princess

These Pink Princess Cupcakes are shared at:


  1. These are so pretty and adorable! Love them!

  2. What a GREAT recipe! I would love it if you came over to Cast Party Wednesday tomorrow and shared this and other recipes with us! :)
    I hope to see you there!

  3. How sweet, what a great spring or summer cupcake for a party. Hope you are going to have a wonderful week end and thanks for sharing with Full Plate Thursday!
    Miz Helen

  4. Thank you so much for sharing this at Recipe Sharing Monday. I hope to see you back tomorrow :)

  5. Those look almost too pretty to eat....almost, lol cause I could have 2 or 3 or 10 right now.

    Thank you so much for sharing this at Foodie Wednesday. hope to see you there this week as well.

  6. I love the cheery and sweet colors and the way the fondant flowers echo the shape of the cupcake holder! Beautifully done!

    Jenn/Rook No. 17

  7. THANK YOU so much for sharing your recipe with me at Cast Party Wednesday. I'd like to invite you back this week.
    I hope to see you again!


I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...