Monday, August 8, 2011

Chocolate Mint Chocolate Cookies

The craving- Chocolate.
The solution- Whatever I could put together from the cabinet.

I have been eyeing the "Hershey's Doubly Chocolate Chip Cookies" recently featured at Art+Food+Life and the Hershey's Website, but, I was missing a few of the ingredients and didn't have enough of other ingredients needed to make them. I had to improvise, so my cookies won't be "Hershey's Doubly Chocolate Chip Cookies", they will be "Chocolate Mint Chocolate Cookies!"
Here is how I made them:

2 cups AP flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened ( I used 1 stick of margarine and 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce)
2 eggs
2/3 cups Hershey's Cocoa
1 cup sugar
1- 10oz. bag Andes Creme de Menthe Baking Chips

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients in mixer with dough hook or by hand if you are feeling adventurous. I like to let the mixer do all the work. I started with the dry ingredients and then added the softened margarine, applesauce, and eggs. Once everything is combined add the bag of Andes Mint Chips and turn the mixer with dough hook on low for about a minute to combine. The dough was a little sticky, so I sprayed my hands with baking spray before rolling the balls, a heaping tablespoon at a time, and place on parchment lined baking sheet, 8 cookies to a sheet. Flatten the cookie balls slightly with a sprayed fork. Bake about 12 minutes and let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet before removing to finish cooling on cooling rack. This recipe makes about 28 large, fat cookies.
I wasn't planning on blogging about these cookies, but they just tasted so good that I had to share!


  1. Yum, these look fantastic! You now have me craving cookies. :)

  2. geepers, my husband looking over my shoulder at these just drooled on me!


I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...