Sunday, August 7, 2011

Pink Princess Cupcakes #7- Magical Mermaid / The Little Mermaid

Magical Mermaid
(starring The Little Mermaid)
I had to use the picture with The Little Mermaid first, since I like it best!
This is #7 of 28 cupcakes that I will be making from the Pink Princess Cupcakes book by Barbara Beery. I have found that most of the cupcakes in this book are very easy to decorate, but just like other books of this type, sometimes it is a little hard to find supplies and substitutions have to be made, so I am still working on figuring out how to make the "Sunshine Princess". Anyway with this cupcake, that wasn't the case. This stuff is easy to find too.
To start bake your cupcakes. I used Pillsbury Funfetti box mix. I do use box mixes about half the time, but with 3 kids, sometimes it is easier...not to mention quicker than getting a bunch of ingredients together and measuring out stuff. Besides, I think they taste fine! I do like "from scratch" recipes too though! The seashell cupcake liners I used are from the Mary Englebreit collection.
While the cupcakes were baking, I began making my candy. I used Candiquik Vanilla Candy. Out of the 3 brands that I have tried that are readily available around here, I prefer this one. It melts up easy in the microwave, doesn't get gloppy, and hardens quick. My kids and I prefer the taste too. What you don't use can be saved for another use, and will melt up just fine the second time around. The candy mold is the Wilton Seashells Candy Mold. Fill the mold with your melted candy and a spoon and refrigerate 5 or 10 minutes until set. The back of the candy will have a matte finish when it is ready to unmold. If it doesn't unmold easily by tapping on the counter once or twice, it isn't ready.
It is hard to tell from this picture, but the seashells are pink swirled. I did this by using the Pink coloring from the Wilton Garden Candy Color set and just not mixing it in fully.
The frosting is Pillsbury Vanilla, colored teal with blue sprinkles on top and then topped with a candy seashell. In the "Pink Princess Cupcakes" book they used a beautiful shell wrap over the liner. I didn't have those, but I did have a couple Little Mermaid Fun Pix picks left from The Little Mermaid Cupcakes that I had made, and I thought they went perfect on this Pink Princess cupcake as you can see at the beginning of this post.

If you are just seeing this Pink Princess Cupcakes series that I am doing for the first time, I am working my way through the book and not always in order. Barbara Beery has also put recipes in the front of the book for both cupcakes and frosting some baking tips, but says you can use your favorite cake recipe or a boxed mix as well. If you don't already have this book, you should, especially if you have a little Princess at home. The book is actually in the children's section (ages 6 and up) and has wonderful pictures in it. Barbara Beery has quite a few books like this like "Pink Princess Tea Parties", "Fairies Cookbook", and "Green Princess Cookbook"(sweets to save the planet...that kind of Green), just to name a few. I hope to own them all one day! They all look so very cute and are not all, all about cupcakes. Some have real food, pasta, sandwiches, and drinks. Amazon, has "A Look Inside" available for most of the Barbara Beery books and they all look amazing and fun for little girls of all ages!

Be sure to check out all of the Pink Princess Cupcakes that I have made!

The Next Pink Princess Cupcake that I will be making:
Garden Princess
Cotton Candy


  1. The color of the shells came out great. Love them.

  2. I agree super the shells so nice.

  3. Oh my goodness, my granddaughter will just love these little cupcakes. Hope you are going to have a wonderful week end and thanks for sharing with Full Plate Thursday!
    Miz Helen


I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...