Thursday, September 22, 2011

Green, Pink, & Purple Googly-Eyed Monster Cupcakes

I spent the day with monsters!
It is no secret I am a huge fan of the "Hello, Cupcake!" and "What's New, Cupcake?" people! So I was was super excited to find more of there designs at Taste of Home that are from 2010. It was just in the past month that  I first found Taste of Home, maybe I live under a rock or something! Of course I immediately pinned them!
 
  So how do you make these cute little Googly-Eyed Monsters? Well, no point in me telling you. Karen Tack and Alan Richardson have made a video tutorial (that's the "Hello, Cupcake!" people, just in case you too live under a rock or maybe you are just new to the Cupcake World!) Should the video below not play you can view it here:
 

 
Instead of using a plastic zipper bag, I used my reusable piping bags with a size 12 tip. I made the Neon Green and Pink Googly-Eyed Monsters using homemade buttercream icing.  Do you notice the Purple Monster looks a little different? I ran out of icing and didn't want to make more, so the Purple Monsters are made using Betty Crocker Whipped Fluffy White Frosting. Same method, same size 12 tip, different look!
 
 These cupcakes ARE EASY! Probably the easiest cupcakes that I have made from the "Hello, Cupcake!" People.
 The original design doesn't have arms and my son thought they needed arms. After he said that, I began to think they needed arms too! Armed with a little chocolate and my piping bag with a size 3 tip, I freehandedly piped the arms and stuck them on. Now these Googly-Eyed Monsters can say "Boo!" or at least appear that they did! Once these little monsters had arms the green one reminded me of Mike from Monsters Inc!
 Oh and before these monsters say good-bye, there is one question that must be answered...
Do these Googly-Eyed Monsters have hearts?
No.....
They have Ooey-Gooey Centers!
Nothing is more fun than a monster cupcake, except a monster cupcake made with my new favorite box mix: Betty Crocker: Fun-da-Middles!
  
Also, I am very excited that Karen Tack and Alan Richardson have a new book coming out January 31, 2012 called:
"Cupcakes, Cookies, and Pie, Oh My!"
You really don't know how excited I am about this! I just want to scream it to the world!
  
Check out all of the designs that I have made from these 2 amazing people:
Mrs. Fox's Sweets "Hello, Cupcake!" and "What's New, Cupcake?" Cupcakes


These Monsters are Shared at:
Miz Helen's Country Cottage: Full Plate Thursday
Around My Family Table: Turning the Table Thursday
Talking Dollars and Cents: Sweet Temptations
Something Swanky: Sweet Treats Thursday
Bizzy Bakes: Bake with Bizzy
Happy Hour Projects: Freestyle Friday
Tatertots and Jello: Weekend Wrap Up Party
A Well-Seasoned Life: Sweet Indulgences Sunday
Crumbs and Chaos: Seasonal Inspiration

30 comments:

  1. Wow those look amazingly cute for monsters;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! Thanks for the tutorial and hints. I like it when you include the tips you use. I've got alot of tips but don't know when to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really adorable, I'm sure the kids loved them:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute and the filling looks yummy! I'm excited about the new book too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these! They definitely made me smile. Soooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are GREAT!!! Another triumph Mrs. Fox!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are super cute. I would love it if you would link this up to my carnival Family Time Tuesday

    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are the cutest things! Bet they taste delicious. Visiting from the Artsy Girl blog crawl. xo,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha - these are so darn cute! Fantastic. I can't imagine a kid any age not loving them. Thanks for including the video clip too.

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooo cute! Maybe too cute to be called monsters! Thank you for stopping by my site.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Why have I not been following you??? Sheesh! Now I do. =o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all for such sweet comments! I am so happy to have such sweet fans as you all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So so cool! I'm going to search my tips today for the #12. I need to make these. thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are SO cute! I'm your newest follower. Thanks for linking up at the Fall Crawl link party!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These little monsters are just precious and I just love the colors! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope you are having a great week!
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  16. I will be featuring these on Thursday afternoon. Thanks for linking up at Bacon Time, your treats are always on my favorite list.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are adorable! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. They are really great! I am also a big fan of 'Hello Cupcake', I love how they use everyday items. Only tricky part is that I live in Australia and I can't always get the candy they use so I have to be extra creative!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love them! The addition of the arms is great!
    Thanks so much for sharing on Cupcake Tuesday!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness....how flippin' adorable! What a perfect Halloween treat! You have once again earned a spot in the "A Little Birdie Told Me..." spotlight this week!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just about the cutest cupcakes I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great tutorial! i like it, and i will have it for Halloween. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love these! I just made a bunch for Halloween and everyone thinks they're great. Your son made a good call on the arms - they add a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are so cute! I love the BIG Eyes!

    I've featured them in my Halloween Sweet Treats Round-Up. You can find the post here: http://beanbugcrafts.blogspot.com/2012/10/15-halloween-tasty-sweet-treats.html

    Thanks for sharing,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...