Thursday, September 29, 2011

Lucky Charms Cupcakes

Oh Yeah!
Are these just Charming? Easy? Fun?
This cupcake idea is straight from Betty Crocker- Lucky Charms Cupcakes! It is also in Betty Crocker Big Book of Cupcakes, that I love! This is not a cereal that I buy often, probably less than once a year, so being I have a huge box of the cereal, how could I resist making these Charming Cupcakes!
  
And what kind of Fun Cupcakes am I making to go with them?
Betty Crocker Fun-da Middles of course!
I know, I am like a walking billboard for these things! This time I am using the Yellow Cupcake with Creaming Vanilla Filling.
  
The icing is homemade buttercream. The cupcakes are topped with a little green sugar and then, of course, the Lucky Charms! From reading the reviews on the Betty Crocker website, I already knew that the cereal will quickly go stale if not served immediately. I tried using meringue powder in the icing and a layer of green sugar on top of the icing to possibly help prevent this, but no luck. The cereal did stay crunchy for an hour or two, but after a couple hours the cereal and marshmallows did get soft. They still taste great, but it is just as easy to put a handful on Lucky Charms on top right before serving. They are definitely best with that nice crunch on the top! Luckily, a dozen of these cupcake go pretty fast!
It is almost 6 months away, but this would be a fun idea for St. Patrick's Day!
They are magically delicious!
  

This Cupcake is shared with:

11 comments:

  1. How cute! Don't you just love Better Crocker! :)
    -Robyn from http://tipsfromtheheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great looking cupcake thisone;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. these would be so fun and delicious takes me back a few years

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Somebody stole me' Lucky Cupcakes!" ;-}

    ReplyDelete
  5. My lips licking. Looks not only yummy but also pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What precious cupcakes. I just love those pretty colors, wish I had one right now. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great week end!
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. yummy

    would love it if you could share this on my link party at www.serenityyou.blogspot.com

    Natasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness these are so cool, my kids are going to love them! We just made caramel apple cupcakes yesterday in honor of fall but these look just plain fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm following you now. I couldn't resist clicking on the pic at Happy Hour Projects. This is my son's favorite cereal of all time. He would be so happy if I made this for him. He would also like the googly-eyed monsters. Oh so much to do, so little time.
    Rhonda
    http://scrappysugargirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...