Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Banana Yogurt Bread

Let me start by saying, I have never made Banana Bread. In fact, I have only made bread once in my entire life and it was probably 15 or 16 years ago. Since then, my 2 bread pans sat lonely, never used. When I saw this Banana Yogurt Bread on Lemon Drop, I knew I had to make it! Linda made this bread look so easy to make and yummy. I immediately Pinned it on Pinterest, my newly discovered time zapper! This recipe was just posted in the past week and I didn't want to just share so soon without asking, so with the Lemon Drop blessing...here it is!

Banana Yogurt Bread
recipe source: Lemon Drop
the recipe below makes 1 loaf of bread

Ingredients
1/2 cup butter at room temperature (I used margarine)
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1-1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 medium bananas, peeled and mashed
1/2 cup Greek yogurt (or full fat sour cream)- (I used Fage Plain Greek Yogurt)
   
Directions
Preheat oven to 350. Spray 9x5" loaf pan with cooking spray. In bowl of stand mixer, fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar on medium speed for 3-5 minutes until light and fluffy. Add in vanilla and 1 egg. Blend until combined and add remaining egg. In separate bowl, whisk together remaining dry ingredients. Fold into wet ingredients until just combined. Stir In bananas and yogurt. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pan and level the top. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
This recipe looked so good, I doubled it!
I have to say I was a little nervous while it was baking, hoping that I didn't mess up her directions. I actually followed everything exactly, other than I used margarine instead of butter. 10 minutes...it looked like nothing was happening! Soon enough though, it began to look like bread! Seriously, this amazed me!
At 55 minutes, the toothpick inserted came out clean. I sat them on a baking rack to cool in the pans like I would a cake...something that I know something about. I wanted to wait for the kids to get out of school to cut the bread.
Once it was cooled, still warm, but cool enough. I had to take it out of the pan to check it out. It came right out, well with a couple shakes! It looks like bread and it smells like banana bread!
And then...
I cut into it...after all I had 2 loaves in case one didn't make it until school got out!
YUM!
My 3 year old said this is the best tasting "banana cake" ever! I thought it was so funny she called it "cake!" I ate it "as is," no butter on top or spreads of any kind. It didn't need it! The bread is moist and fluffy and full of flavor! I even ate another piece when composing this blog! This was definitely a hit! I am so glad I doubled the recipe! It tasted absolutely wonderful and will be a family favorite for years to come I am sure!
    
Thank you Lemon Drop for sharing this Banana Yogurt Bread Recipe!


This bread is shared at:

12 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for stopping by Words of Me1! Your banana bread looks divine!! What fun that you are baking and creating and keeping a blog. It is sooo fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SOOOOO happy you loved this recipe and it turned out so beautifully :)

    Linda @ Lemon Drop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    Vincent
    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delish. I like to add butterscotch chips to my banana bread!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is great Foxy! I love me some banana bread, but have never made it evaaaaah! I let my mommmy still do that for me and send it up to me, just like you can send me a slice of this deliciousness! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm, banana bread! Looks perfect! Thank you for linking to Fat Camp Friday. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so yummy! Lovely recipe. Thanks for sharing. Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would just love a slice of your wonderful bread as it just came out of the oven. I think I would just have to put some butter on my slice, Yum! Hope you are having a great week end and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like the perfect breakfast bread to me! Perfect for fall! Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for linking up on Whisking Wednesdays this week. I featured your recipe as it looked just amazing. I hope you'll come back again this week and link up another recipe or two!

    http://pinchofthisthatandtheother.blogspot.com/2011/09/whisking-wednesdays-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man! I love banana bread and can't wait to try this version. Thanks for sharing at Seasonal Inspiration, stop by and join us again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! Dropping by to let you know that this recipe was #2 on Sweet Indulgences Sunday. Hope to see you again this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...