Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Jack Skellington Cake Pops

Maybe these will be a little more recognizable, compared to yesterdays Pink Skulls.
The many faces of Jack Skellington from the Nightmare Before Christmas!
I used the Duff Goldman Candy Writer, a first for me. I did have to put the lid back on the tube and put it back in the hot water in between each cake pop, if not it would get gloppy. Even with doing that, it sure beats the Food Writers that I have for drawing a face!
Oh and the flavor of these little guys...Spice cake.
Ingredients:
 1 box of spice cake mix 
1 cup Fage Greek Plain Yogurt
1 cup of water

Mix the 3 ingredients. Bake as directed on box. The cake turned out perfect, fabulous, fluffy and you can't even taste the yogurt. Definitely YUM! It also has less fat than using oil and eggs too! I cut the cake into 4 pieces, used one part, and froze the rest for future cake pops!
1/4 of the cake = 6 large cake pops
 

These Cake Pops are haunting people at:

These Cake Pops are featured at:

17 comments:

  1. Downright villainous! Love them.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really likes these...my niece who went to Disney w/ us is just a huge fan of this movie and character. I find cakepops so hard and frustrating but I might just have to suck it up and make these for her. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These would be great for my Day of the Dead party for Spanish Club! Thanks for sharing, they are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came across your blog on Around My Family Table and I love your post!


    I would love it if you would drop by Jane Deere and link up to Fusion Fridays with your favorite or most recent recipes, handmade crafts, diy projects, tips & tricks, and how to's! { open through Wednesday! }

    http://janedeereblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok those are some of the cutest/scariest:-) cake pops I have seen! Love Nightmare before Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found you on Happy Hour Freestyle Friday, loving this post those are some scary cake pops...but cute! I'm a new follower, stop by and say Hi if you get a chance http://wedemeyerfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are very cool! And I love the idea of using yogurt in the cake instead of eggs & oil. Thanks for sharing the great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE these! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What precious little skellington's! Hope you are having a great week end and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh these are perfect. We were just at Disneyland and I bought a Jack Skellington sweatshirt that I'll be wearing on Halloween. Love the yogurt tip!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Featurng your sweet cake pops on Thursday afternoon at Bacon Time :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. ah I love them! I may have to give them a try this Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are very testy dish, And the idea of using yogurt in the cake instead of eggs and oil. Thanks for sharing the great tip, it helps to make as a side dish in kitty parties.

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are PERFECT! I absolutely love them... such a loveable character. I think of him every Halloween season.

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm a huge Tim Burton fan, so these really jumped out at me right away! I love that you make the spice cake with Greek yogurt too! I'm featuring your post as part of my Autumn Spotlight on tomorrow's "A Little Birdie Told Me..."!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  17. You were featured today at Blissful and Domestic today! Stop by and grab a button:>

    www.blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...