Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Banana Ghost Cupcakes

There are ghost popping up on websites and blogs everywhere right now, reminding me of a particular ghost cupcake that I had wanted to make. Scouring through my cupcake books, I just cannot find that ghost anywhere! I am hoping to replicate the cute little ghost as best as I can from memory (the one in the above picture in the center top came the closest). Where is Scooby-Doo when you need him? (To help me find the ghost!)
 For the cupcake, I used a Banana Cupcake recipe adapted from the Pink Princess Cupcakes Book that was suggested to use for the Teacup Treats, Pixie Princess, and Sunshine Princess designs. However, I didn't use it for any of those cupcakes and decided to use in on a non-princess cupcake!
 
 Banana Cupcakes
1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs (room temperature)
3/4 cup mashed bananas (about 3 medium sized bananas)
1 cup self rising flour
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
 
In mixer, cream margarine and sugar. Add eggs in one at a time mixing well after each. Add in vanilla extract and bananas. Add in flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg just until mixed. Fill 12 liners 2/3 full of cupcake batter. Bake in 350 degree preheated oven for 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool.
The cupcakes have a light flavor. I do appreciate a lighter, less sweet cupcake from time to time. These are another cupcake that would be perfect for after dinner, just the right amount of flavor. I could eat one of these right after the other!
They are topped with Cool-Whip that I squeezed through a piping bag and the eyes are Wilton Rainbow Chip Crunch.
These are close to the ghost I remember, but something is different. I will probably find the recipe after Halloween! Maybe it wasn't a cupcake at all? A brownie maybe? Whenever I do find it, if it is on the internet, I will be sure to pin it to my Halloween & Fall Board on Pinterest! On my ghost hunt, I did find another fun...very fun cupcake to make soon!
Happy Haunting!

*Update 9/30/2011: Thanks to Liz at Hoosier Homemade, I have found my ghosts! They are in the "What's New Cupcake?" book. The ghost in the top picture on this post in the center does look like the ones in the book. The difference is in the book the ghost sits on top of Oreo dirt! Mystery Solved!

 These Cupcakes are Haunting People at:

13 comments:

  1. I was wondering what the ghosts were made of - love the idea of using Cool Whip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ghosts! So cute. And the banana cupcakes sound yummy. Thanks for sharing on Crazy Sweet Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!! Love Halloween and Love These!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok these made me laugh...all of them staring at me just made me laugh. I adore these ghosts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! Kids will love this.Just planned to make banana muffins today and here we go ..ghost on the top;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! This is the cutest! You are so talented! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable little ghost cupcakes and look so yummy..Would love for you to share at my link party "Creative Halloween Ideas"
    http://jeana-marie.blogspot.com/2011/09/creative-halloween-ideas.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the ghosts! I did some similar last year, and I think they were fun Hello Cupcake Book, maybe that will help.
    Thanks so much for sharing on Cupcake Tuesday!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES Liz! Thank you! They are in the What's New Cupcake book! The top ghosts in the center pretty much looks the same but they are on top of Oreo dirt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy and adorable too! Love those little ghosties!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are so cute! and sound delicious too! Thanks so much for linking up to Tuesday Talent Show! I would love to have you stop by and link up again tomorrow with more great projects!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute, love how easy they look too. Thanks for sharing at Bacon Time.

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...