Friday, September 30, 2011

Hauntings of Halloweens Past

It's Flashback Friday!
This is a "now just occasional" segment to share with you some of my past adventures...

With just a month until Halloween, join me won't you, as I travel back in time to show you my adventures of Halloween's past...

2010 was the first full year after I started making cupcakes and I made quite a few different Halloween Cupcakes that year!
Halloween 2010
I waited all year long to finally be able to make "The House That Boo Built" from the "What's New Cupcake?" book by Karen Tack and Alan Richardson. I made this for Halloween 2010. There were 3 different sized cupcakes used in this cupcake haunted house, along with dark chocolate trees, crushed Oreo Cookie dirt, candy corn pumpkins, and candy bats just to name a few ingredients in this Cupcake Haunted House! 
With so many left over cupcakes of different sizes and leftover supplies, I handed them over to the kids to decorate however they wanted!
Leftover supplies from "The House That Boo Built"
Before Halloween, we took a trip to Disney World and found this yummy cupcake in the first bakery on Main Street! 
Halloween Cupcake from the Magic Kingdom at Disney World
 Of course, that inspired me to make my own when we got home. I couldn't get the frosting piped as nice as what they made at Disney World, but we have ghosts!
My Disney inspired Ghost Cupcake- 2010
Cupcakes with Sugar Candies-  2010
Funfetti Frosted Halloween Cookies- 2010
Cupcakes with Wilton Decorations- 2010

These were Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes made with a box of Spice Cake Mix mixed with 1 can of Pumpkin and topped with cream cheese icing. The sugar cookies on top were coated in candy melts.
Halloween Pumpkin Cupcakes- 2010
These were super fast and easy to make, less than 45 minutes from batter to fully decorated. These were made with the Pillsbury Halloween Funfetti Cake Mix with the Pillsbury Easy Frost icing that you spray out of a can liked whipped cream! 
Funfetti Cupcake with Easy Frost Icing in a spray can- 2010
My daughter has always had a Halloween birthday party and every since a cake disaster in 1996, I had always ordered ALL birthday cakes, cupcakes, and cookies. When I found these Halloween Cupcake Trio Cupcakes from Pillsbury, I knew they would be perfect for my daughters party, but could I do it? Yes! My first baking success ever! I made 24 yellow and 24 devil's food cupcakes and decorated them all, this took what I thought then to be a long time. Everyone loved them and I was extremely proud that I didn't mess them up! So these are the cupcakes that started my obsession with cupcakes!
The Cupcakes that started it all - 2009
Here is a close up of the 3 designs! This was also my first time using Wilton food colors, I was amazed how brilliant the color was compared to those tiny little bottles that you use for Easter Eggs!
Halloween/Birthday Cupcakes 2009
But...those were not the first cupcakes that were made at home...
In 2007, my oldest daughter had her birthday party the week after Halloween, which I ordered a cake for, but she still wanted Halloween Birthday Cupcakes on her actual birthday. She was just 10 years old at the time she made these, but she had some experience in baking making Christmas Cookies with her dad every year. She knew that if she wanted homemade cupcakes, she would have to make them herself. She made the Pillsbury Funfetti batter, filled the liners, baked, frosted, and decorated these cupcakes all by herself! She has always been a pretty amazing girl! If it wasn't for her, I probably still wouldn't be baking.
Halloween/Birthday Cupcakes 2007
Now this year, for her Halloween Birthday, my oldest daughter wants a very amazing cake, it is going to be a HUGE challenge ADVENTURE! Of course, before that, I am sure that I will be making a few different Halloween Cupcakes this year too, as Halloween is one of my favorite times of year!
Happy Halloween!

I shared this Flashback with:


  1. I can't wait to see what you do this year. Your cupcakes look delicious!

  2. Love your cupcakes.You trully have mastered it;)

  3. Love the Halloween haunted house, of course all of your creations are wonderful. Thanks for sharing at Bacon Time.


I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...