Monday, September 19, 2011

Primrose Cupcakes

The Last Primroses of Summer
Officially, this is the last week of summer.
Friday, September 23rd, 2011 is the first day of Autumn.
Soon, we will move on to seeing mostly Autumn colors and themes, then on to Winter, and many flowers will be scarce until the frost thaws next Spring. As an ode to the official end of Summer, here are Primrose Cupcakes.
Do these flowers look familiar? I pre-made many of these flowers and used them on my 18th Anniversary Cake. Okay, not the same exact flowers from the cake, but flowers from the same batch. The amazing thing about these little royal icing flowers is they can be saved in airtight containers for months!
Remember these? I really love these cupcakes. I recently reviewed the Fun da-middles Chocolate Cupcake with Vanilla Filling. They are so easy to make and I just love that the filling bakes right up in them, so I have bought them again!
These are the yellow cupcake with the creamy chocolate filling inside frosted with Homemade Chocolate Frosting!
  
Take a bite and enjoy the last official week of Summer!
 

These cupcakes are shared at:

11 comments:

  1. Love your cupcakes - love primroses! Did you ever seehttp://theenchantedoven.blogspot.com/2011/04/primroses-and-swiss-meringue.html my version of them?
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow:) These don't look fanatstic only outside but inside aswell:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I saw the fun-da-middles mix at the store, and I was really curious! I was glad to read your post - I'm definitely going to give them a try now!

    Just dropping by to say thank you for linking up at Freestyle Friday. Your cake pops looked awesome - as does everything you post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your primrose cupcakes would be nice to serve at a garden party.
    I'm visiting from Sweetology.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these look like they could be right out of a book...you need to do your own cupcake book and then I could do all your designs like you are doing w/ Barb Berry...just an idea Foxy. Have a good week. TS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering about those Fun-da-middles. I wasn't sure if it was worth it or not, so I'm glad I read this. They look fantastic. Thanks for dropping by to visit me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute!!!! Who says summer treats have to end yet! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw those Fundamiddles at Walmart and wondered how they were. The flowers look great!
    Thanks for sharing on Cupcake Tuesday!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look scrumptious! Saw you on linky party and now gfc following you, Karima :) www.karimascrafts.com

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...