Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pink Princess Cupcakes #16- Fairy-Tale Fortune

Fairy-Tale Fortune
I am now at #16 of 28 cupcakes made from the Pink Princess Cupcakes Book by Barbara Beery.
As most cupcakes designs start with a cupcake, so does this one! Once again, I used the Allergen-Free/Vegan Chocolate Cupcake Recipe from the Martha Stewart Cupcakes Book, it is such a simple cupcake, simple ingredients and turns out well for me.
The frosting is a chocolate buttercream. (1/2 cup light margarine, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar, a heaping 1/2 cup of cocoa powder, and a large splash of milk to bring it all together)
For the fortune cookies, store bought of course, I dipped in Candiquik, colored pink with Wilton Pink Candy Coloring. Here we candy again! 2 blocks of  Vanilla Candiquik is enough to dip 12 fortune cookies. And yes, I have a little leftover! Working one at a time, after dipping, I shook the fortune cookie off and immediately sprinkled with chocolate jimmies and placed on waxed paper for a few minutes to set while I frosted the cupcakes.
Maybe it is because there is a little fortune in each one, but these cupcakes are fun to me!
My fortune said:
"Luck is on your side today."
Hmmmmmm? I wonder what that could mean?

Don't forget to check out all of the Pink Princess Cupcakes that I have made!

As for the next Pink Princess Cupcake that I will be making...
I haven't decided yet!

These cupcakes are shared at:


  1. The result of your effort looks amazing:)

  2. These would be great for so many different occasions. I love that.

  3. These are so cute. You've done a great job bringing this cookbook to life. I always have great intentions with new cookbooks but never cook as many dishes as I would like. I admire your dedication to it. Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

  4. these are fun...I wonder what my fortune would say????

  5. Fantastic post! It looks so yummy. Thanks for sharing this lovely recipe.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

  6. Your cupcakes always amaze me! These are another work of art.

  7. great idea! I was thinking of making homemade fortune cookies one of these them on the cupcake :)

  8. This is awesome.. I LOVE IT…Yum..Found ya on hop and officially following ya with smiles..Hope you get a sec to stop in & say hello..:)) I have a fall inspired blog party going on and would LOVE for you to link this awesome piece to it today ) TY


I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...