Friday, September 2, 2011

Anniversary Cupcakes

This weekend my husband and I will celebrate 18 years of marriage!
I had told you via my Facebook Page that today I would be baking an anniversary cake, but the cake must remain a surprise until actually anniversary...tomorrow! At one point I had thought about making cupcakes for our anniversary, so when I was making the cake, I decided to go ahead and make a half dozen cupcakes for our anniversary too!
The cupcake is a French Vanilla Cupcake. Since the cupcakes are paired with the cake I used the same batter. I used a pound cake recipe that I know bakes up very consistent and easy to work with for decorating with very little crumb. The recipe for making a pound cake from a box mix will be included in tomorrows 18th Anniversary Cake post. For the icing I made a coconut buttercream icing.
(Both of these recipes will be in the 18th Anniversary Cake post tomorrow.)
 The hearts are easy, just a little bit of melted vanilla candy melted (I used Candiquik) and colored very slightly with pink candy coloring and hand piped onto wax paper. Let sit in the fridge a couple minutes until set and then place them on top of the cupcakes.
These cupcakes would be perfect for a do-it-yourself wedding, anniversary party, or brighten up the colors a little for Valentine's Day!

Don't forget to check out the Anniversary Cake!

These Cupcakes are shared at:


  1. Congratulations to you and your husband! Marriage can be wonderful and difficult and alot of work (sometimes all at the same time!!) Always encouraging to see two people persevere! And very beautiful cupcakes!! :-}

  2. Looks yummy.

    Thanks for sharing with us at
    Simply Delish Saturday

    Have a great weekend.

  3. Happy Anniversary! It's my 11 year wedding anniversary month too, it falls in the same week of my one year blog anniversary too. Maybe I should make some special cupcakes. Yours are beautiful. Hugs from Bacon Time.


I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...