Thursday, September 1, 2011

Versatile Blogger Award

Thank you Kissed by A Frog for passing this to me!
I have just recently stumbled across Kissed by A Frog from Bacon Time. Kissed by a Frog is a lovely crafty blog with tons of great ideas for all kinds of home projects, but what got me was a cute Hello Kitty dress that she made for her daughter. Now, sewing isn't my strong point, but I still love the dress!
Once upon a time ago, in my early weeks of blogging, I was given this award by From the Hearts of and I didn't have a clue what to do with it, so I feel that I need to recognise Amber (From the Hearts of) as one of my earliest followers in this too!

Anyway so there are rules for this award:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
I did that first!

2. Share 7 things about yourself
1. I have only been baking since 2009...thus calling this "my new adventures in baking and decorating." I am trying to make sure that my kids all learn to bake and cook for themselves.

2. I collect squished pennies everywhere I go, but I will only use perfect pennies (these are pre 1982 pennies first soaked in ketchup for a few hours, then rinsed, then polished with baking soda to bring them back to new looking. Pre 1982 pennies dont have zinc (which causes that silver line when you squish the pennies.)

3. I am obsessed with all things that have to do with cupcakes, books, lip balm, aprons, everything.

4. I take pictures of EVERY dessert that I bake and some foods too. Okay, I just take pictures of EVERYTHING!...that's another hobby of mine.

6. My Grandmother had a wedding cake decorating business...somehow the love to decorate skipped a generation.

7. I am not a great cook or a great baker, there is always MORE to learn!

3. Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs (contact them to let them know).
These are in no particular order!

I tried to pick 15 blogs that I follow that didn't already have "The Versatile Blogger Award" displayed on their blog. I hope you discover a new blog from this list that you will enjoy too!

Congratulations to all of you!


  1. Thanks for thinking of me & nominating me! I have actually been nominated 3 times now, I guess it's time to play a long huh? :)


  2. Thanks so much for sharing this award with me. I am truly honored.

    As we get to know each other better, it is really nice that we have another way to say, "Nice to meet you."

  3. Thanks for sharing my blog above. I wanted to let you know that the feature post for today was reposted, so don't think I deleted your sweet comment. I had a horrible time with that post. I had copied and pasted some pics as I usually do on features and somewhere I must have copied some bad code along with it, so it kept jumbling things around. After several attempts at fixing it I just typed a new one. rrr... Just wanted to let you know it is fixed. I think you saw the problem post.

  4. @Audra- haha, it's like tag your it! Don't feel bad, this was my second nomination and first time actually participating with it!
    @Bizzy- yes it is is a nice way to get to know each other, never thought of it that way!
    @Mindie- I did notice that craziness mess going on! I have had it happen before with no known reason too and had to start over! And I absolutely love your blog too, of course I would share it :)

  5. Thought I had said thank you here, and as I was perusing your blog here in the wee hours of the morning, I realized I had not! (forgive my absent minded manners) oh yeah....THANKS!!!!! :-}

  6. @KB and Whitesnake- you are very welcome! Yall have great looking food!
    @SugarBeam- I can forgive your absent that is a way of life for me! I watched the Lost Boys a lot many moons too! haha!

  7. Thank you so much! I am truly honored and excited! I'm working on my acceptance speech right now :-

  8. It's wonderful getting to know you better through this award and post. Thank you so much for honoring me by passing the award my way. I'll be posting my 7 things on my FB page.

    Have a wonderful holiday weekend!
    Jenn/Rook No. 17

  9. Thank you so much! It's so kind of you to honor my little blog with an award!

  10. Hello! My blog email has not been forwarding to my regular address so I just barely saw this. I'm honored!! Thanks so much. I'm wayyy behind on posts but I'm going to try to do this soon! Gotta start thinking of those 7 things...


I love your sweet comments! Due to the high amount of spam I have been receiving, I am now having to moderate all comments. Inappropriate comments or solicitations will be deleted. Thank you for understanding.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...